Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jamie Walker
    • By Jamie Walker 17th May 17, 2:11 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Jamie Walker
    DRP - Parking Charge
    • 17th May 17, 2:11 PM
    DRP - Parking Charge 17th May 17 at 2:11 PM
    I am wondering if anyone can offer any advice.

Myself & my friend parked in Albert Street Car Park in Birmingham the other week (Private Car Park), which i paid for on my RingGo App. I extended our stay, and only when we we're returning I had realised i have purchased tickets for my own vehicle, rather then my friends (which was added onto my app ages ago).

The tickets cover the time that my friends car was their, but by error and a simple mistake the ticket was purchased for my car.

We have appealed the ticket, and explained what had happened, and that parking was paid for but just for a car that DIDN'T enter the car park (which they can check). They have come back to say the appeal has been refused and that we must pay the fine.

We have now received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus limited saying that we owe £160.00 and this must be paid.

Any advise?
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th May 17, 2:30 PM
    • 39,239 Posts
    • 78,392 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 17th May 17, 2:30 PM
    • 17th May 17, 2:30 PM
    What is the name of the parking company please?

What is the date of the alleged event and the date the keeper received the notice to keeper? I hope the appeal was in the name of the keeper, not the driver, and there was no use of words such as I parked or anything else that would reveal who was driving.

It is never a good idea to post under a real name if that is what you have done.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES that tells you how to deal with unfair parking tickets. Amongst other things it tells you why it is safe to ignore debt collectors.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th May 17, 3:58 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 7,147 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th May 17, 3:58 PM
    • 17th May 17, 3:58 PM
    Post Four of the Newbies Sticky covers DRP in its entirety - the rest of the thread will bring you up to date on everything else about private parking.
    • Jamie Walker
    • By Jamie Walker 17th May 17, 4:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jamie Walker
    • 17th May 17, 4:57 PM
    • 17th May 17, 4:57 PM
    It was with Vehicle Control Services, for Albert Street Car Park in Birmingham.

I had wrote to VCS as a passenger, and didn't say i was the driver, or keeper.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 17, 8:52 PM
    • 46,961 Posts
    • 60,323 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 17, 8:52 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:52 PM
    No steps to take. DO NOT contact DRP. Come back if you get a claim to defend.

We know a lot about Albert Street and VCS normally discontinue a claim when well defended, using the NEWBIES thread post #2.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,390Posts Today

8,781Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin