Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eadwacer
    • By Eadwacer 17th May 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Eadwacer
    0 WOW
    Where to buy long-lasting women's shoes?
    • 17th May 17, 2:09 PM
    0 WOW
    Where to buy long-lasting women's shoes? 17th May 17 at 2:09 PM
    I'm fed up of buying flats that wear out (toe and heel) in a month or two, and would like to buy some flats that can reliably last for a bit longer before yet another trip to the cobblers. Does anyone know of any shops that sell shoes with heels that will actually last for a while - preferably good-quality leather ones? I live in London and walk about 3 miles a day, so the cobbler's bill adds up! The only shoes I can find which which look a bit sturdier are old ladies' comfort shoes, and since I work in an office and am in my mid-twenties I'd ideally like to find something bit more normal.

By contrast, my boyfriend (also in London and walking a lot) has owned a single pair of leather shoes for the last four years, which he wears day-in-day-out and have never needed reheeling. Do they make such things for women??
Page 1
    • Pun
    • By Pun 17th May 17, 9:54 PM
    • 355 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Pun
    • 17th May 17, 9:54 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:54 PM
    I know just how you feel...same problem!

Very common now for people (young women in particular) to have a pair of trainers or similar and then changing into smart indoor shoes when they get to work. A nuisance, but saves on footwear bills.

Other possibility is have a pair made for you - more expensive to start but should last a lot longer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,234Posts Today

8,565Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Just looking at the final(ish) Premier League table. The gap between the top seven and the rest is huge. Has it ever been more lopsided?

• Follow Martin