Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • Kayko
    • By Kayko 17th May 17, 1:31 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Home Insurance while renovating
    • #1
    • 17th May 17, 1:31 PM
    Home Insurance while renovating 17th May 17 at 1:31 PM
    Hello all,

    My partner and I are close to exchange of contracts and need to sort out building insurance. The house is in desperate need of renovation and will be unoccupied, probably for a few months. Do I need to get specialist insurance or can I get the building insured and add contents insurance later once we have moved in?

    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th May 17, 1:56 PM
    • 34,761 Posts
    • 18,786 Thanks
    • #2
    • 17th May 17, 1:56 PM
    • #2
    • 17th May 17, 1:56 PM
    Insuring unoccupied property whilst building work is going on isn't straightforward - see if a local broker (not Swinton) can help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,204Posts Today

7,904Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Early days, but very strong result so far - 84% of people in favour of cannabis legalisation for at least medical u?

  • Today's twitter poll: Should cannabis be legalised for recreational use, medical use, or not at all? It has been?

  • RT @scepticallyopen: Many ombudsman services are ?so ineffective they should be stripped of their right to use the title?. ?Those that ful?

  • Follow Martin