Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • woolythoughts
    • By woolythoughts 17th May 17, 1:24 PM
    • 84Posts
    • 68Thanks
    woolythoughts
    No viewings on house for sale....
    • 17th May 17, 1:24 PM
    No viewings on house for sale.... 17th May 17 at 1:24 PM
    Acquaintenance of ours have put their house on the market:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59112985.html

its been up for a while but they've not had any viewings. Frankly we're sick of hearing them bang on about not being able to sell (relationship break up so its part of the break up saga).

Was wondering if the panel have any thoughts on whats wrong with the listing so I can give them feedback that might help them sell it (and shut them up in the process).

I know its not very charitable but its like a stuck record.
Page 2
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 17th May 17, 3:17 PM
    • 14,789 Posts
    • 13,143 Thanks
    AdrianC
    Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close.
    Originally posted by woolythoughts
    Riiight.

The front garden and drive they ripped up with many comments about "I'm going to get it done, I know the costings" adn its now been like that for over a year. Quoted now as "not going to spend money on doing the drive now".

Bloke wants the full asking price - but he wants to buy out the woman. Woman just wants it sold.
    Well, there's a surprise. Divorce sale, where one partner doesn't actually want to sell...

This is going to run and run.
    • Quizzical Squirrel
    • By Quizzical Squirrel 17th May 17, 3:31 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3,945 Thanks
    Quizzical Squirrel
    Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close.
    We believe you: the litmus pH scale indicates this house is composed of acid rain, battery acid and drain cleaner.

• AndyBSG
    • By AndyBSG 17th May 17, 3:34 PM
    • 906 Posts
    • 1,103 Thanks
    AndyBSG
    Tell your neighbour to get on Rightmove and look at other 4 bedroom houses in the TA6 postcode.

I just looked at the first 4 that come up within the 238K to 243K bracket and they're all much better properties than your neighbours.

Looks roughly 15K overpriced compared to comparable properties
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 17th May 17, 3:58 PM
    • 5,617 Posts
    • 5,386 Thanks
    davidmcn
    And for god's sake don't show them this thread...
    Originally posted by gingercordial
    No need, all they need to do is Google the Rightmove page if they want to find our "advice":

https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=off&q=http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59112985.html&spf=1495033028945
    • The_Logans
    • By The_Logans 17th May 17, 4:21 PM
    • 234 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    The_Logans
    Live close by, worried the house isnt selling because we want rid of them like every other inhabitants of the close. Think large quad bikes being revved at up to 1 am and them spewing gravel all over the road as they enter and leave.

The front garden and drive they ripped up with many comments about "I'm going to get it done, I know the costings" adn its now been like that for over a year. Quoted now as "not going to spend money on doing the drive now".

Bloke wants the full asking price - but he wants to buy out the woman. Woman just wants it sold.

So are you friendly enough with them to pass on any of the requested advice you get on here? It not, there's not much point in slating your neighbours on a public forum and posting a link to their house.
    • Helvetica Van Buren
    • By Helvetica Van Buren 17th May 17, 4:25 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    Helvetica Van Buren
    On the whole it's a nice house. It's overpriced.
    • Aced2016
    • By Aced2016 17th May 17, 4:33 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 442 Thanks
    Aced2016
    Asking price too high !

Red bedroom is horrid, brown wall in living room isn't great, nor is purple bedroom. I would give it a more neutral colour scheme. De clutter a little.

I would also get rid of photos of front of the house I feel it doesn't do it any justice, looks dull and un inviting !
    • swindiff
    • By swindiff 17th May 17, 4:40 PM
    • 246 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    swindiff
    Nice enough house, can only guess as others have stated that it's overpriced for the area. Just wish houses were that price where I live lol
    • TheDebtinator
    • By TheDebtinator 17th May 17, 5:25 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    TheDebtinator
    I clearly live in the wrong area - that is a nigh on £400k house where I live!
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 17th May 17, 5:38 PM
    • 1,017 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    Originally posted by TheDebtinator
    Possibly £650k - £700k where I am.

I blame the estate agents.
    • Cliveman Pieman
    • By Cliveman Pieman 17th May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 81 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    Cliveman Pieman
    Originally posted by TheDebtinator
    Believe me, you do not want to live in Bridgwater.
    • parking_question_chap
    • By parking_question_chap 17th May 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1,384 Posts
    • 1,187 Thanks
    parking_question_chap
    Possibly £650k - £700k where I am.

I blame the estate agents.
    Originally posted by Surrey_EA
    Pah

Thats £5,000,000 where I am.

Peasants.
    • amateur house
    • By amateur house 17th May 17, 6:19 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    amateur house
    I am always suspicious of houses that are being sold again so quickly - they were there under 18 months before deciding to move. It sounds like a genuine reason in this case, but if I saw it on Rightmove etc my worry would be that they are moving because there is something wrong with the area or the house. Plus that is a big price increase for such a short time.
    • glasgowdan
    • By glasgowdan 17th May 17, 8:03 PM
    • 2,308 Posts
    • 2,572 Thanks
    glasgowdan
    I wouldn't try and get involved with buying a house from this pair... it sounds like a web of complicated twists and dead ends that will frustrate and test anyone's patience. I'd be surprised if it sells this decade from the sound of them!
    • tweeet
    • By tweeet 17th May 17, 10:06 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    tweeet
    Re-paint the whole of the inside neutral colours. Get rid of quite a lot of the extra large furniture and put into storage...fix the drive way...and don't be stingy trying to save a few grand in EA fees and go with a local EA and drop the price.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 19th May 17, 1:35 PM
    • 4,536 Posts
    • 2,054 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Acquaintenance of ours have put their house on the market:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59112985.html

its been up for a while but they've not had any viewings. Frankly we're sick of hearing them bang on about not being able to sell (relationship break up so its part of the break up saga).

Was wondering if the panel have any thoughts on whats wrong with the listing so I can give them feedback that might help them sell it (and shut them up in the process).

I know its not very charitable but its like a stuck record.

Well over-priced I`m afraid.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 19th May 17, 3:03 PM
    • 29,474 Posts
    • 17,616 Thanks
    getmore4less
    why does she not accept his full market price offer?

if you want rid of them from the street, club together and let then sell it cheaper.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 27th May 17, 4:26 PM
    • 4,536 Posts
    • 2,054 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Did it sell?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,548Posts Today

9,127Users online

Martin's Twitter