Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mosher_rule
    • By Mosher_rule 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mosher_rule
    Vet Bills :(
    • 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    Vet Bills :( 17th May 17 at 1:17 PM
    Monday our new pup had an accident and fell off the sofa hurting her leg, we haven't insured her regardless you can't make a claim in the 1st 14 days anyway.... but in terrified the costs are gonna get bigger and bigger incase we have to go for X-rays, up to now she's on pain relief

What do I do? If I get a credit card Im worried interest rates be ridiculous and I might get myself into a deeper mess
Page 1
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 1:22 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    • 17th May 17, 1:22 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:22 PM
    Did your pup not come with free 6 week insurance ? Most breeders put this in place

However I wouldn't worry about vet bills yet. Puppies are like children, quite bouncy and flexible. Pain relief and rest is possibly as far as it will go

However it really is important to get insurance ASAP if you don't have the luxury of savings or a credit card which you can afford

I'm sure pup will be fine
    • BatchedMetting
    • By BatchedMetting 17th May 17, 1:41 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    BatchedMetting
    • 17th May 17, 1:41 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:41 PM
    Look for a credit card with 0% on purchases for X months.

I think Tesco offer that.

Failing that, pay the bill from a bank account then look for a credit card with 0% on money transfers.
    • Mosher_rule
    • By Mosher_rule 17th May 17, 1:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mosher_rule
    • 17th May 17, 1:46 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:46 PM
    Unfortunately not there's a bit of a rescue story behind her, we never got her from the breeder... we are at the vets tomorrow for a follow up, and we have to see what they say.... at the moment she's resting with a heat pad in her little bed
    • Sncjw
    • By Sncjw 17th May 17, 6:12 PM
    • 1,427 Posts
    • 858 Thanks
    Sncjw
    • 17th May 17, 6:12 PM
    • 17th May 17, 6:12 PM
    Doesn't the rescue centre not give you starter insurance
    • Shakin Steve
    • By Shakin Steve 17th May 17, 8:13 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 665 Thanks
    Shakin Steve
    • 17th May 17, 8:13 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:13 PM
    Drip, drip, drip......I wish people would just state the pertinent facts in the first post. It would save a hell of a lot of Q&A.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
    • venison
    • By venison 17th May 17, 8:19 PM
    • 1,171 Posts
    • 1,223 Thanks
    venison
    • 17th May 17, 8:19 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:19 PM
    Some years ago we had a cat who broke its leg 3 times the vet put it in plaster as she kept getting it off, anyway 300 later and another vet who told us "just leave it, it will heal anyway " grrrrr
    Doomed I say we're all doomed.
    • chattychappy
    • By chattychappy 18th May 17, 9:19 AM
    • 6,297 Posts
    • 3,298 Thanks
    chattychappy
    • 18th May 17, 9:19 AM
    • 18th May 17, 9:19 AM
    I suppose there is always the PDSA if you feel you are not in a position to pay the bills.

When our cat had to be put down, I paid by CC. Somehow I felt that whilst the debt was still there, the cat wasn't quite dead.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 18th May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 6,848 Posts
    • 8,434 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 18th May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 18th May 17, 10:44 AM

When our cat had to be put down, I paid by CC. Somehow I felt that whilst the debt was still there, the cat wasn't quite dead.
    Originally posted by chattychappy
    I'm so sorry for laughing.

And also for thinking you could make a S75 claim against the vet if she'd lived.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 19th May 17, 7:09 AM
    • 9,939 Posts
    • 6,344 Thanks
    bigadaj
    I suppose there is always the PDSA if you feel you are not in a position to pay the bills.

Originally posted by chattychappy
    Nice story Erwin.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

44Posts Today

3,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin