Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BeccaPerf
    • By BeccaPerf 17th May 17, 1:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BeccaPerf
    How to defend a County Court Claim from Parking Eye
    • 17th May 17, 1:15 PM
    How to defend a County Court Claim from Parking Eye 17th May 17 at 1:15 PM
    Hello. I've read the Newbies thread but still unsure of how to proceed.

I’m looking for some advice as to the best way to defend a County Court Claim. The claimant is Parking Eye Ltd.
    Parking Eye claims, that as the registered keeper of the vehicle (this is true) that I was in breach of the t&cs for parking on private land (Leisure World car park in Southampton). The ‘Particulars of Claim’ state ‘in relation to a Parking Charge, issued 25/02/2017’.

These are the basic facts: I parked in the said car park on 21/02/17 and went to the cinema. I entered my vehicle registration in the onsite terminal and have a witness who saw me do this. I didn’t overstay the time period. I have a copy of my friend’s bank statement which shows the tickets purchased for the cinema on that day. I don’t have the actual cinema tickets anymore.

I received a first letter with the photographic evidence from Parking Eye informing me of the fine. I ignored this (silly, I know), and then a second letter stating the fine had increased to £100.

I sent a letter of appeal (recorded delivery on 24/04/2017) to Parking Eye Appeals Dept, after the second letter, asking to have the original fine retracted stating the above facts.

I then received a final letter (which I ignored because I’d already sent an appeal) and then a Country Court Claim came through.

The Claim Form states ‘a Parking Charge, issued 25/02/2017’ which was not the date I parked at Leisure World.

I’ve read the threads about defending but not before the Claim Form arrived. I don’t know what to do for the best. I genuinely entered my registration details – although of course I can’t prove I entered them correctly.

I'm thinking of writing to my local MP, and I've read the advice about writing to the Landowner, but am I too late to do that?

Thank you
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th May 17, 3:46 PM
    • 15,153 Posts
    • 19,090 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th May 17, 3:46 PM
    • 17th May 17, 3:46 PM
    follow the advice in post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread

and read other recent court case threads until you get an idea of how to defend , then start your own draft defence

yes complain to your MP

yes complain to the landholder asap

its never too late
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,724Posts Today

7,978Users online

Martin's Twitter