Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BargainHunter48
    • By BargainHunter48 17th May 17, 12:21 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BargainHunter48
    BT Vision Powerline Adapters
    • 17th May 17, 12:21 PM
    BT Vision Powerline Adapters 17th May 17 at 12:21 PM
    With reference to today's MSE post on "Boost Broadband Speed", should the Simpler Networks Mini Passthrough adapters (200Mbps) work for extending my Wi-Fi from a ground floor (BT)router to a first floor pc? They were provided along with a BT Vision + Box originally, I now use Freesat, but hoped these would help boost Wi-Fi to upstairs? I have two adapters.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th May 17, 12:27 PM
    • 31,867 Posts
    • 37,579 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 17th May 17, 12:27 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:27 PM
    wont boost wifi, they are for LAN connections

connect lan to hub downstairs , connect lan to device upstairs

you could plug a wireless access point in the upstairs one to get wifi
    Last edited by Browntoa; 17-05-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,643Posts Today

8,891Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin