Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • josoph
    • By josoph 17th May 17, 12:02 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 517Thanks
    josoph
    Tax credit historical overpayment
    • 17th May 17, 12:02 PM
    Tax credit historical overpayment 17th May 17 at 12:02 PM
    I have received a letter asking me to contact tax credit regarding an overpayment from 2007. I was advised due to the new Universal Credit this has flagged up on the system and needs repaying. I don't recall an overpayment and was hurriedly told different dates and figures I submitted.
    I have checked with Google and sent them a letter detailing the limitation act 1990 and now have a reply which is not very clear to me. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to repay? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    New to comping and loving it
    November wins Book,One Direction DVD
Page 1
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 17th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 2,669 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 17th May 17, 12:19 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:19 PM
    After 6 years they can't take court action however the do not have to as have other ways to have the debt repaid. You'd be out of time to take any appeal or dispute action so your only real option is to set up a repayment plan.
    • cattie
    • By cattie 17th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 7,694 Posts
    • 5,208 Thanks
    cattie
    • 17th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:36 PM
    Yes you will have to pay. Unless you agree a payment plan with them they will just stop what you owe out of earnings or benefits so it's to your best interest to set up a repayment plan.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
    • skcollobcat10
    • By skcollobcat10 17th May 17, 1:51 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 1,840 Thanks
    skcollobcat10
    • 17th May 17, 1:51 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:51 PM
    But there is something definitely wrong with the system. The debt is 10 years old would yourmp or a solicitor be able to look into this?
    • josoph
    • By josoph 17th May 17, 8:50 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 517 Thanks
    josoph
    • 17th May 17, 8:50 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:50 PM
    Thank you all for your helpful replies
    New to comping and loving it
    November wins Book,One Direction DVD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,207Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin