Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • koiboy
    • By koiboy 17th May 17, 11:46 AM
    • 126Posts
    • 25Thanks
    koiboy
    pip appeal
    • 17th May 17, 11:46 AM
    pip appeal 17th May 17 at 11:46 AM
    Hi i had to go for a pip test and because the woman doing it lied lput down a load of crap i got turned down i have put in an appeal do you still get disability payments while you wait to hear if you back from appeal ???
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 17th May 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 17th May 17, 12:20 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:20 PM
    Hi i had to go for a pip test and because the woman doing it lied lput down a load of crap i got turned down i have put in an appeal do you still get disability payments while you wait to hear if you back from appeal ???
    Originally posted by koiboy
    If it's the Servere Disability Premium you're talking about then yes it would stop because you would no longer qualify for this without a daily living award of PIP.
    • koiboy
    • By koiboy 17th May 17, 12:42 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    koiboy
    • 17th May 17, 12:42 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:42 PM
    I was on low rate care & low rate mobility of dla
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 17th May 17, 1:20 PM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 1,200 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 17th May 17, 1:20 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:20 PM
    I was on low rate care & low rate mobility of dla
    Originally posted by koiboy
    I'm not too sure which disability payment you're talking about but as you were refused PIP your DLA payments will stop about 4 weeks after the decision was made on your PIP. Severe Disability Premium wouldn't be payable on low rate care DLA.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 17th May 17, 2:36 PM
    • 10,496 Posts
    • 19,478 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    • 17th May 17, 2:36 PM
    • 17th May 17, 2:36 PM
    If you intend to ask for reconsideration (and later appeal to tribunal).. some good advice on this and http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139 forums... plus links to good advice. Hopefully you can get the decision changed.. focus on the criteria and the descriptors you think you meet. Hopefully others have covered your key question.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,608Posts Today

6,061Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin