Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • anniebea
    • By anniebea 17th May 17, 11:36 AM
    • 52Posts
    • 18Thanks
    anniebea
    0 WOW
    EasyJet & Flight Locator info
    • 17th May 17, 11:36 AM
    0 WOW
    EasyJet & Flight Locator info 17th May 17 at 11:36 AM
    Booked a cruise with a Travel Agent which included flights – we have paid the balance in full 2 months ago and are due to leave in less than 30 days.
    The couple travelling from Manchester on Jet2 have been able to log in and do their seat allocation etc
    Those on the EasyJet flight from Gatwick are being told that EasyJet does not provide a Flight locator ref to the Cruise company until 10 days before departure and then that needs to be transferred from them to the Travel Agent and then to us.
    Has anyone experienced this through a travel agent booking that included a EasyJet flight and is it normal policy for EasyJet not to release this information till really close to departure date?.
    AND before anyone asks, why I didn’t book direct with Easyjet, the flights were included as a package so no choice.
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 17th May 17, 11:44 AM
    • 17,877 Posts
    • 7,288 Thanks
    richardw
    • 17th May 17, 11:44 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:44 AM
    10 days is probably enough time.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • anniebea
    • By anniebea 17th May 17, 11:48 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    anniebea
    • 17th May 17, 11:48 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:48 AM
    not sure "probably" fills me with confidence

I cant understand why that information isnt provided till 10 days, unless of course the cruise company dont pay easyjet till then!!!
    • Westin
    • By Westin 17th May 17, 3:49 PM
    • 1,071 Posts
    • 745 Thanks
    Westin
    • 17th May 17, 3:49 PM
    • 17th May 17, 3:49 PM
    not sure "probably" fills me with confidence

I cant understand why that information isnt provided till 10 days, unless of course the cruise company dont pay easyjet till then!!!
    Originally posted by anniebea
    Possible but it will be down to the commercial deal that the cruise operator contracted with EZY.

Likely I think that they have a block of seats on the flight which held until -10 days before departure with all names TBC. At this point the cruise operator has to report the passenger names and the group booking then gets split by EZY into individual bookings (PNR's). From then on the individual bookings can be accessed and additions added and seat assignments made.

A small inconvenience for you as you can not block your seats off at this time but the block booking would likely have meant a lower seat cost for you on this package, plus flexibility for the cruise operator and you if you had to cancel. The flight element could then be resold by the cruise operator rather than charge you in full for the flights.

I suspect your friends (flying with Jet2) might be on a departure from a less favoured airport and instead of a similar seat block being taken, the cruise line just booked the LS seats at the time. Hence why access available immediately to manage the booking.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,924Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin