Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • khampson
    • By khampson 17th May 17, 11:04 AM
    • 352Posts
    • 20Thanks
    khampson
    Selling DVDs to Music magpie, Ziffit, best price?
    • 17th May 17, 11:04 AM
    Selling DVDs to Music magpie, Ziffit, best price? 17th May 17 at 11:04 AM
    I have a load of dvds I need to sell, I know there are several website but all offering different prices for them, Is there a site that compares the buying price of a dvd, so far I scan then using a app but it gives you a offer price and puts it in your basket, its so time consuming and if your not happy with a price you need to edit your basket, it just takes me ages, any advice please?

thanks
Page 1
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 17th May 17, 12:05 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 10,711 Thanks
    Hermia
    • 17th May 17, 12:05 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:05 PM
    I just keep all the sites open in my browser and copy and paste the barcode number into each one. Yes, I then have to delete the item from the sites with the lowest price, but it doesn't really take that long. I actually find it quicker to do it like that than use the apps even with me having to type the number in rather than scanning the barcode.
    • khampson
    • By khampson 17th May 17, 12:25 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    khampson
    • 17th May 17, 12:25 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:25 PM
    What are the best sites to use? I currently use music magpie and Ziffit, Ziffit will only let me sell 1 dvd (I have 2 copies of some dvds and will not accept 2 copies on 1 account)

I use my mobile as it was just a case of scanning the bar code, I may try to input the code on my laptop and see what sites offer the best price.

What sites can I se other than Music magpie and Ziffit,

Thanks
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 17th May 17, 2:43 PM
    • 9,394 Posts
    • 7,361 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 17th May 17, 2:43 PM
    • 17th May 17, 2:43 PM

Originally posted by khampson
    www.zapper.co.uk/‎

Have no experience of them so don't know if they are any good.
    • Hermia
    • By Hermia 17th May 17, 5:26 PM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 10,711 Thanks
    Hermia
    • 17th May 17, 5:26 PM
    • 17th May 17, 5:26 PM

Thanks
    I use webuybooks as well (they don't just buy books!). You definitely need to try all three as they will sometimes offer different prices and seem to all like different genres etc.

Do make sure you sign up to the newsletters of webuybooks and ziffit as they frequently offer codes that give you 10 - 20% more for your items.

Also if you have any DVD box sets see if each DVD has its own case and barcode. If so it is worth checking both the price for the set as well as the prices for each DVD separately. You can get more selling them separately sometimes.

I have been using these sites for ages and have only had one problem with them. If you have anything obscure it is worth checking whether you can get more on ebay.
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 18th May 17, 12:44 AM
    • 22,878 Posts
    • 149,842 Thanks
    Aesop
    • 18th May 17, 12:44 AM
    • 18th May 17, 12:44 AM
    I have a load of dvds I need to sell, I know there are several website but all offering different prices for them, Is there a site that compares the buying price of a dvd, so far I scan then using a app but it gives you a offer price and puts it in your basket, its so time consuming and if your not happy with a price you need to edit your basket, it just takes me ages, any advice please?

thanks
    pricepenguin is a smartphone app that compares over all 4 sites.

it's not perfect. sometimes tells you a site offers more than it does but gives you a good idea.

you can also go through topcashback for music magpie to get more for your items
    Make £10 a day July 2017 £32.08.
    Pinecone vouchers earnt 2017 £9; Swagbucks 2017 £66 QMEE 2017 £2.16 Prolific Academic 2017 £5.72 Slidejoy 2017 £5.48 OnePulse 2017 £25.10
    Shop and Scan 2017 £10 ConsumerPulse 2017 £10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,100Posts Today

8,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin