Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skyranger
    • By skyranger 17th May 17, 11:00 AM
    • 103Posts
    • 23Thanks
    skyranger
    Switching back after closing down an account
    • 17th May 17, 11:00 AM
    Switching back after closing down an account 17th May 17 at 11:00 AM
    Hi guys

Anyone know if there is a timeframe built in for TSB switching service.

I switched my TSB to another bank last month but saw they have a brand new deal.

Looked at their T&C's and can't find anything but would they think I'm being cheeky to switch a different bank account back to them.

Is there a timeframe for closing it down and reoppening a new one with switching
Page 1
    • Marvo5
    • By Marvo5 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    Marvo5
    • 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    Most of them say something along the lines about having gained from a switching bonus before. However if you've never received one in the past from TSB then my guess is you could go for it immediately. Give then a ring and ask the question. (then maybe post the answer on here?)
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 17th May 17, 12:24 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    youngretired
    • 17th May 17, 12:24 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:24 PM
    The T&C's for the new £10 extra a month deal you would not be able to get, as it states if you have held a TSB Classic Plus before 1st March 2017 you will not be entitled to this deal.

The £130 cash incentive via MSE only states if you currently hold a TSB Classic Plus account or previously received a cash incentive then you won't be entitled to the £130. So if you have received a cash incentive previously then no you won't get anything extra apart from the 3% interest.
    • skyranger
    • By skyranger 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    skyranger
    • 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:17 PM
    The T&C's for the new £10 extra a month deal you would not be able to get, as it states if you have held a TSB Classic Plus before 1st March 2017 you will not be entitled to this deal.

The £130 cash incentive via MSE only states if you currently hold a TSB Classic Plus account or previously received a cash incentive then you won't be entitled to the £130. So if you have received a cash incentive previously then no you won't get anything extra apart from the 3% interest.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    Thanks - so I wouldn't get the £10 extra a month but could get the £130 as I've never had a cash incentive before or currently hold an account
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,823Posts Today

9,302Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• This is a good brief summary of the evidence I have to the lords on the problems with our student finance system... https://t.co/LQqggZMlgH

• Follow Martin