Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JJwin1990
    • By JJwin1990 17th May 17, 10:54 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JJwin1990
    Am I right to take this further?
    • 17th May 17, 10:54 AM
    Am I right to take this further? 17th May 17 at 10:54 AM
    Hi All,

New to the forum, so thank you in advance for any help with this.

I would like more clarity on whether I should be taking this further.. Our flight was from Santorini > Manchester and was scheduled to take off at 21:00PM local time. The flight from Manchester > Santorini (which was the plane we was coming home on) was delayed 1hr which pushed our departure time back to 22:00PM.

When the plane from Manchester tried to land at the delayed time; the plane could not land due to wind. The pilot tried 3 times and then decided to abort the landing and divert to Crete. Our flight was then cancelled and we subsequently had to come back to the airport the following day and ended up leaving Santorini at 4PM the following day.

Thomas Cook have rejected my claim due to 'adverse weather' however I think I may have a claim as the original Manchester>Santorini flight was also delayed which meant that our departure time was different.

Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 17th May 17, 10:59 AM
    • 17,862 Posts
    • 7,280 Thanks
    richardw
    • 17th May 17, 10:59 AM
    • 17th May 17, 10:59 AM
    ..... I think I may have a claim as the original Manchester>Santorini flight was also delayed which meant that our departure time was different.....
    Originally posted by JJwin1990
    But that was only by 1 hour, so why do you think you have a claim?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 17th May 17, 12:50 PM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 814 Thanks
    JPears
    • 17th May 17, 12:50 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:50 PM
    Weather related delays are classed as EC (out of the airlines control). The intial 1 hour delay is unlikley to have any bearing, unless you can prove that no other aircraft were delayed/diverted due to weather at the time your airplane was due to land.
    I suspect you may find this quite difficult.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • leylandsunaddict
    • By leylandsunaddict 17th May 17, 1:08 PM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    leylandsunaddict
    • 17th May 17, 1:08 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:08 PM
    The incoming flight was only delayed by an hour, which had it been able to land would have meant a delay to your flight of an hour.
    A change of departure time by 1 hr does not constitute a claim even if it was relevant , which it isn't in this case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,731Posts Today

9,138Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin