Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charlee1985
    • By charlee1985 17th May 17, 9:56 AM
    • 44Posts
    • 6Thanks
    charlee1985
    Virgin - Breach of contract?
    • 17th May 17, 9:56 AM
    Virgin - Breach of contract? 17th May 17 at 9:56 AM
    So I have a simple question which seemed too complicated for the Virgin live chat team.

I signed my contract on Oct 2016 which says "Loyalty Discount £7 Per Month For 18 Months"

My bill this month came without the above discount so I've contacted them through Chat.

He said that the above discount started with my previous contract in 2015 and that's why it has expired. Even though in the new contract it clearly says "18 months" and no mention of the previous contract or how many months I have left (other the 18 months).

Am I wrong?

Thanks all
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    • 9,748 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:24 AM
    (I signed my contract on Oct 2016 which says "Loyalty Discount £7 Per Month For 18 Months")

You have evidence of this including the dates for the discount ??
    • charlee1985
    • By charlee1985 17th May 17, 11:30 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    charlee1985
    • 17th May 17, 11:30 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:30 AM
    (I signed my contract on Oct 2016 which says "Loyalty Discount £7 Per Month For 18 Months")

You have evidence of this including the dates for the discount ??
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    Indeed, I received the contract by email so I have all the evidence. Mentioned it to the chap on the live chat about 5 times and he kept saying "All your discounts have expired"

On the contract it has the date of when it's valid from: 10th October 2016 and in the discounts box it says exactly this: "Loyalty Discount £7 Per Month For 18 Months"

Thanks
    • charlee1985
    • By charlee1985 17th May 17, 12:46 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    charlee1985
    • 17th May 17, 12:46 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:46 PM
    hi, does it have the same discount quoted on your 2015 contract? my assumption is Virgin's computer system will have the discount starting in 2015, hence the expiry and they'll probably have something in their T&Cs that says the discount was just continued from the original start date rather than renewed when you took out the new contract. Its definitely worth a formal complaint if the contract led you to believe the discount was for 18 months from October '16. The least Virgin could do is continue to apply it as a gesture of goodwill, especially as its only £7 per month.. good luck.
    Originally posted by CustomerChampion
    I think it had the same on my 2015 contract. I don't get though if it was continuing from 2015 why say "18 months" and not just say how many months I have left.

Also, on the same box I have "a flexible discount of £5 for 6 months" which expired corectly in April.

I am going to raise a complaint as this is the second time they messed up my account and got charged more.

Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,303Posts Today

8,553Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin