Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 17th May 17, 6:05 AM
    • 2,754Posts
    • 37,015Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Wednesday 17 May 2017
    • 17th May 17, 6:05 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 17 May 2017 17th May 17 at 6:05 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 17 May 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Wet underfoot, dark and dreich, still raining and looks set in for the day. It started raining last night at 6pm ish, and is still going.

Dinner last night was pork steaks, mash, veg and gravy, I remembered to get the beef out to defrost, so tonight it'll be beef stew possibly some dumplings, mash and veg. Victoria sponge was enjoyed by the menfolk, I didn't have any, as I'm being good - and hoping to loose some weight before our hols. It's going to be a slow job though, it's certainly harder to loose weight as you get older. I'm plodding along though - even if I only loose half a stone it would be ok, but it needs to be more for me to be happy.

Working all day today - still doing the extra hours on a Wednesday afternoon, but then on days' off until Monday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 17-05-2017 at 6:18 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • RosyRed
    • By RosyRed 17th May 17, 5:23 PM
    • 1,615 Posts
    • 19,312 Thanks
    RosyRed
    Only just got on the forum since I posted yesterday morning,and caught up on the news,
    Nelski I'm so sorry youve had bad news about your DDad,but its comforting that the family is all together-wishing you strength for the days ahead xxx
    'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 17th May 17, 5:41 PM
    • 3,491 Posts
    • 19,811 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    The forecasts seem a bit hiss and miss today! We were promised rain, rain and more rain. My friend and I set off to Skipton armed with brollies and raincoats - which weren't needed!! Just a very slight drizzle as we were leaving at 4 p.m. The market was in full swing and the main street full of coach trippers. We left our lunch till slightly later and got a table no problem once they had all departed.

Just awaiting the return of the DGDs from Rainbows and ballet. Pizzas and oven chips will be thrown in the oven shortly!

Have a good evening folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 17th May 17, 6:47 PM
    • 9,451 Posts
    • 102,195 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I hold firm to the thought that as long as a loved one is remembered then they live on in my heart, which seems to be the warmest and cosiest place in my body.
    Originally posted by Gers
    I fully concur with this. I don't have many people to remember, but there is a place in my heart for each and every dog who has touched my life.

I realised the other day, this October will be the 10th anniversary of C's passing (C was the chap who was Dungeon Master at the D&D group where I first met Mr LW, and it was only through C insisting that I attend a wine-tasting he was hosting that Mr LW and I ever actually got together!) Anyways, I've suggested that Mr LW might like to contact the other chaps from the D&D group and maybe organise a trip to the pub to commemorate C. It would be appropriate - C loved his Real Ale, and his answer when asked what was his favourite drink was: "The one in front of me!"
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 17th May 17, 7:22 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 11,895 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Evening everyone, I had an early start today so didn't get here.

It has chucked it down all day here, starting to clear now.

I haven't anything interesting to add but JackieO and Gers, your posts about your husband and your dad are lovely.

Nelski, still keeping you in my thoughts.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • Judi
    • By Judi 17th May 17, 10:29 PM
    • 14,835 Posts
    • 59,609 Thanks
    Judi
    JackieO I hope you've had a lovely day with your family remembering your late husband.

Well the rain finally stopped around 3 this afternoon so we took the much loved hounds for a walk on the beach.

People are so friendly around here and make an effort to be pleasant. Such a joy to be here.

Youngest has had a few friends round tonight after work Grrr! Last time he had friends round while we were away one of his friends dived on the arm of the settee and broke the reclining mechanism. There will be hell to pay if anything gets damaged this time.

Ginge grew a pair today. She saw a Staffordshire bull terrier off for getting too close to me. She's getting braver in her old age. She usually cries like a baby at the sight of another dog.

Hubby watching endless re runs of top gear and I'm in bed chilling with my phone.

Sleep well all.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 17th May 17, 10:42 PM
    • 14,913 Posts
    • 120,747 Thanks
    JackieO
    Good evening chums ,just home from DDs and had a delicious meal and a good natter about her Dad and the boys Granddad.The youngest, Mikey wanted to know if his Grandpa was ever grumpy, and DD said no, very rarely as he was so much like you Mikey always laughing and joking around.

Which is true he had a terrific love of life and laughter, and could see the funniest side of even the worst situation at times . He certainly made me laugh for 40 years
    I had some beautiful deep red carnations with gypsophila from DD this morning, and they look so nice on my mantlepiece against the white wood of the chimney breast I am so lucky with my DDs they are certainly a chip of their Dads block as he always bought me red carnations as they are my favourite flowers

The rain is still coming down and the roads are very wet and slippery, not a night to be out and about at all.Still the gardens are gettting a good soaking at least

Time for a small G&T I think before bed

Good night God Bless all here

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,823Posts Today

8,196Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin