Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karatepet
    • By karatepet 16th May 17, 9:01 PM
    • 175Posts
    • 66Thanks
    karatepet
    car insurance
    • 16th May 17, 9:01 PM
    car insurance 16th May 17 at 9:01 PM
    I bought a new car on saturday and it was meant to be ready for collection today.The garage rang me and said it will now be thursday.I rang my insurance up to have the policy start on the new car from today,i explained that the delivery day could change and they said i would still be covered on the old car for 7 days.I have checked askmib and the new car is showing insured and the old car uninsured,Am i safe to drive my old car?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 16th May 17, 9:34 PM
    • 24,989 Posts
    • 9,909 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 16th May 17, 9:34 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:34 PM
    No. If its showing as uninsured then its likely your insurance have already taken it off.

Dont forget you now need to SORN your old car. It must be taxed AND insured otherwise SORNd.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 16th May 17, 9:37 PM
    • 9,163 Posts
    • 10,296 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 16th May 17, 9:37 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:37 PM
    If your old car is showing as uninsured then until you can speak to someone at the insurers and find out exactly what the situation is, driving it wouldn't be a wise move.
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 16th May 17, 10:56 PM
    • 913 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    • 16th May 17, 10:56 PM
    • 16th May 17, 10:56 PM
    If your old car is showing as uninsured then until you can speak to someone at the insurers and find out exactly what the situation is, driving it wouldn't be a wise move.
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa

Indeed 300 and 6 points at fixed penalty level plus difficulty in hiring cars from mainstream rental companies would be painful
    • JohnM5206
    • By JohnM5206 17th May 17, 12:39 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    JohnM5206
    • 17th May 17, 12:39 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:39 PM
    Why not just do the change with insurer from the sales office/ showroom just before you drive the car away after delivering the old car. Surely much easier than running in to the above problem?
    • karatepet
    • By karatepet 17th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 175 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    karatepet
    • 17th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 17th May 17, 7:25 PM
    all sorted
    my insurance company allow me 7 days grace to run both cars on the policy
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,275Users online

Martin's Twitter