Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nataliew123
    • By nataliew123 16th May 17, 8:56 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    nataliew123
    can i just switch deals via MSE
    • 16th May 17, 8:56 PM
    can i just switch deals via MSE 16th May 17 at 8:56 PM
    hi just a quickie, can't seem to find the answer on the Cheap energy club page FAQ, although probably staring me in the face

my cheap deal is about to end with an energy supplier and the MSE CEC comparison says that the same supplier is my best option when the deal ends in a month or so.

can i switch the deal by clicking through the site and getting the cashback or can i not do that as Its the same supplier.
    thanks in advance
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 16th May 17, 9:03 PM
    • 571 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 16th May 17, 9:03 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:03 PM
    Generally YES. I've swapped via the CEC (Cheap Energy Club) from my current supplier to my current supplier in the past and received the cashback too. The CEC tends to know if it is permitted so should only offer tariffs that you can apply for and show the correct position re: cashback.
    Note I say "should", "generally" as cashback is never guaranteed and sometimes mistakes happen and tariffs are shown that you as an individual cannot move to.
    • MSE Laura
    • By MSE Laura 17th May 17, 9:08 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    MSE Laura
    • 17th May 17, 9:08 AM
    • 17th May 17, 9:08 AM
    Hi nataliew123,

Some suppliers enable you to switch through us and be eligible for cashback, but others won't.

However if you've entered your current supplier and tariff details correctly in your Cheap Energy Club account and you see a Switch & get cashback button on the tariff, then you should be eligible for the switching cashback.

Hope this helps!

MSE Laura
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 17th May 17, 10:58 AM
    • 3,211 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 17th May 17, 10:58 AM
    • 17th May 17, 10:58 AM
    hi just a quickie, can't seem to find the answer on the Cheap energy club page FAQ, although probably staring me in the face

my cheap deal is about to end with an energy supplier and the MSE CEC comparison says that the same supplier is my best option when the deal ends in a month or so.

can i switch the deal by clicking through the site and getting the cashback or can i not do that as Its the same supplier.
    thanks in advance
    Originally posted by nataliew123
    As MSE Laura says, of it's offered you can do it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,266Users online

Martin's Twitter