Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DarkShadow
    • By DarkShadow 16th May 17, 6:41 PM
    • 142Posts
    • 60Thanks
    DarkShadow
    Forced parenthood
    • 16th May 17, 6:41 PM
    Forced parenthood 16th May 17 at 6:41 PM
    How do you define forced parenthood in your own terms?
    Bank accounts
    Santander : 14 year relationship, 0 problems to date.
Page 4
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 19th May 17, 6:00 PM
    • 11,869 Posts
    • 9,825 Thanks
    zagfles
    Yes, a slightly less hysterical report of the case on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-39305042
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 19th May 17, 6:19 PM
    • 11,869 Posts
    • 9,825 Thanks
    zagfles
    I've tried to instill in my kids to take control of their own fertility. Ok there aren't nowhere nearly enough options for a man but that's where love and trust comes in and casual sex goes out the window.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Yes agreed. Although trying to teach them when it's OK to trust someone can be a bit hard - some people, probably most, are trustworthy from the start but others can deceive you years or even decades down the line. And as can be seen in this thread there's a lot of victim blaming when that trust is abused.
    • professor~yaffle
    • By professor~yaffle 19th May 17, 6:30 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 712 Thanks
    professor~yaffle
    A midwife friend tells me that she wouldn't like to estimate the number of babies born as a result of a dodgy curry.
    Originally posted by Silvertabby
    Yeah right

Unless the spices have disagreed with her and caused actual diarrhoea a curry's going to have zilch effect on contraception. More likely they forgot to take the Pill and don't want to look silly and admit that.
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 19th May 17, 6:37 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 1,622 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    I never said it was ok for a woman to do it though! I just think it's different and not so bad as the condom thing.
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    STDs aside, why on earth is it "not so bad"? Tricking someone into pregnancy is a disgusting, rotten thing to do, regardless of who is doing the tricking.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 19th May 17, 10:50 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    STDs aside, why on earth is it "not so bad"? Tricking someone into pregnancy is a disgusting, rotten thing to do, regardless of who is doing the tricking.
    Originally posted by surveyqueenuk
    Because of STDs, you can't just say 'STDs aside', they're a real thing!

Having sex always, always, no matter what contraception anybody is or isn't using, means the chance of pregnancy. Everybody who has sex has to live with that, and take responsibility for their own contraception, male or female.

Asking someone to wear a condom is the best/only thing you can do to protect yourself against an STD. Pretending to do that then taking it off is a huge huge betrayal of trust and the result could be incredibly serious, as in, life threatening.
    • surveyqueenuk
    • By surveyqueenuk 19th May 17, 11:22 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 1,622 Thanks
    surveyqueenuk
    I couldn't agree more about STDs, however this is a discussion about tricking someone into parenthood and my question was why is it "not as bad" for a woman to do this than a man.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 20th May 17, 6:24 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    I couldn't agree more about STDs, however this is a discussion about tricking someone into parenthood and my question was why is it "not as bad" for a woman to do this than a man.
    Originally posted by surveyqueenuk
    I don't know why you're asking that question though because I don't think anybody has said that it is.

I said that lying about taking a pill is not as bad as pretending to agree to wear a condom then removing it at the last minute, which I do believe.
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 20th May 17, 7:11 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 1,278 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    “ A midwife friend tells me that she wouldn't like to estimate the number of babies born as a result of a dodgy curry.
    Originally posted by Silvertabby
    Yeah right

Unless the spices have disagreed with her and caused actual diarrhoea a curry's going to have zilch effect on contraception. More likely they forgot to take the Pill and don't want to look silly and admit that. Posted by professor-yaffle
    That's exactly what I meant - 'the runs' caused by a dodgy curry !

Although the same friend did also tell me about the patient who couldn't understand how she had fallen pregnant - when my friend asked her if she had been taking the pill 'properly' the reluctant mum said that she had - every time they had sex she 'shoved one up' .
    Save
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,270Posts Today

9,981Users online

Martin's Twitter