Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • B16
    • By B16 16th May 17, 5:17 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    B16
    Help, what do I do now?
    • 16th May 17, 5:17 PM
    Help, what do I do now? 16th May 17 at 5:17 PM
    Hi all,
    Any advice?
    I had a ticket come through the post after parking at my local hospital, the machine's had been covered in bin bags and as it was Christmas time I presumed it was free parking, I didn't see any signs and thought nothing of it.
    I have an IVA and struggle with depression so often ignore my post. I have not contacted them as I hoped they would go away but I have now had a letter threatening civil court proceedings. I am scared they will go through with this but don't have the money to pay, any advice??
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 17, 5:19 PM
    • 16,498 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 17, 5:19 PM
    • 16th May 17, 5:19 PM
    who is the PPC involved ?

who sent the latest letter ?

which country are you situated in ?

have you complained to PALS at the hospital ?

if not , why not ?

I can assure you that this "will not go away"
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • B16
    • By B16 16th May 17, 7:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    B16
    • 16th May 17, 7:29 PM
    • 16th May 17, 7:29 PM
    Hi
    It is Parking Eye. The letter was from Premier Solicitors. I am in England and I have not done anything about this as I said I syruggle to even open post...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 17, 7:34 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,098 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 17, 7:34 PM
    • 16th May 17, 7:34 PM
    What happened when you complained to PALS to get them to cancel it for you?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 17, 7:35 PM
    • 16,498 Posts
    • 20,660 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 17, 7:35 PM
    • 16th May 17, 7:35 PM
    strange that its a solicitors as its PE

PE issue their own court claims (about 25 to 30 thousand a year)

so if this is an LBC from a valid Solicitors then you need to respond and rebut and refute the claims being made , in writing

and you need to contact the trust and/or PALS urgently (in writing) and get it cancelled before a court claim is issued (why did you answer the other questions and not this last one ?)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • B16
    • By B16 17th May 17, 4:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    B16
    • 17th May 17, 4:50 PM
    • 17th May 17, 4:50 PM
    Ok I guess as it was over a year ago, it has been handed over to solicitors!??
    I will write to PALs and the Solicitors refuting the fine and explain I cannot pay!?
    Thank you
    Sorry which question did I not answer?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 17th May 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1,171 Posts
    • 2,329 Thanks
    Lamilad
    • 17th May 17, 7:37 PM
    • 17th May 17, 7:37 PM
    "I will write to PALs and the Solicitors refuting the fine and explain I cannot WILL NOT pay

Concentrate on why you should not have to pay i.e. bin bags over the pay machines
    • B16
    • By B16 18th May 17, 6:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    B16
    • 18th May 17, 6:21 PM
    • 18th May 17, 6:21 PM
    Ok thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,643Posts Today

8,891Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sneaky NAKED photo... ...of the room where many political and regional TV interviews are done. This is before the? https://t.co/fDdeKQOQuU

• The Premium Bond rate is being boosted from 1.15% to 1.4% should you pile in? My analysis... https://t.co/3Q7tjphAFO

• RT @colinjdunn: First #Plevin cheque received this morning - £548.66 from Nationwide & with other claims still outstanding - so thanks @Mar?

• Follow Martin