Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Petecook155
    • By Petecook155 16th May 17, 4:38 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Petecook155
    Charge Notice from Napier Parking
    • 16th May 17, 4:38 PM
    Charge Notice from Napier Parking 16th May 17 at 4:38 PM
    Good Afternoon,
    We've received a charge notice letter from Napier Parking "inviting" us to pay £50 within 14 days or £90 thereafter. They claim that we were parking using a transferred ticket but the letter only shows two photo's, one of the car parked within a parking bay and another showing a valid ticket in the windscreen, none of which prove the ticket was transferred.

Please could you advise whether we should appeal or ignore this letter?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th May 17, 4:40 PM
    • 40,419 Posts
    • 80,738 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 16th May 17, 4:40 PM
    • 16th May 17, 4:40 PM
    The advice to ignore has not been given on this site since the law changed in 2012.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the black IPC template letter you will find there.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 17, 5:13 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 17, 5:13 PM
    • 16th May 17, 5:13 PM
    they may also have proof that NO ticket was bought with the VRM of the vehicle in the photos , thereby proving their case that the driver was "bilking"

so unless YOU can prove that there WAS a valid ticket on show with the correct VRM on it , for example if the actual ticket has been kept as proof of valid purchase ?

you have a tiger by the tail with this company , so tread carefully , they do this for a living , day in , day out , 24/7 , they will have heard it all before and they DO know what they are doing (unlike you)
    Last edited by Redx; 16-05-2017 at 5:17 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Petecook155
    • By Petecook155 16th May 17, 8:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Petecook155
    • 16th May 17, 8:01 PM
    • 16th May 17, 8:01 PM
    The ticket machine isn't one which you have to put your registration number into so there is no reference on the ticket. All it shows is a car parked within the lines with a valid ticket in the windscreen.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 16th May 17, 8:14 PM
    so if it goes to court and they allege that the driver did not buy a ticket, will that driver decline to answer and prejudice their case ?

or will they commit perjury to the judge ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 50,736 Posts
    • 64,147 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 16th May 17, 9:13 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:13 PM
    On the other hand, how do Napier know and why did they just sit on their hands & watch?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Petecook155
    • By Petecook155 16th May 17, 9:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Petecook155
    • 16th May 17, 9:36 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:36 PM
    If there was a transfer of ticket who's to say the giver wasn't part of it?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 17, 9:41 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 17, 9:41 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:41 PM
    On the other hand, how do Napier know and why did they just sit on their hands & watch?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I suspect the tickets will be timed and the Napier CEO chimp will make a note or take pics of each vehicle with VRM which times the parking up or entry time

this OP seems to think that weasel words will sway a judge , whereas WE know that NAPIER are not thick and will have some sort of evidence to prove what they allege actually happened and are trained in legal matters , especially bilking

they may even take pics of the original vehicle VRM and the ticket on the dashboard, so they can attribute a ticket to a vehicle

it will also say on the ticket that it is not transferable

IMHO the OP is clutching at straws and I look forward to seeing the blow by blow account of the court case, plus how much NAPIER win in costs at the end

the OP should not treat NAPIER like the other morons in this game , or it will cost the OP dearly
    Newbies !!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 17th May 17, 9:54 AM
    • 7,182 Posts
    • 6,230 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 17th May 17, 9:54 AM
    • 17th May 17, 9:54 AM
    If they are alleging that someone handed you a valid ticket, do they know who that person was? Do they offer a refund for unused parking time? If not they appear to want double payment for the same time. I know that airlines make a large charge for transferring a ticket to anther name, but they have security stuff to do.

I am thinking that this charge may be an unfair term in a consumer contract, what do others think?
    Last edited by The Deep; 17-05-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,303Posts Today

8,553Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin