Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Potato Fist
    • By Potato Fist 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    • 51Posts
    • 82Thanks
    Potato Fist
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today?
    • 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today? 16th May 17 at 3:22 PM
    We all do things everyday that are interesting which we tell people about but we never talk about the mildly interesting things we have done

At work today, there was no clean tea spoons so i folded a large straw in half and used it as a spoon to stir my tea.

Its not the most interesting thing, but it is mildly interesting
Page 5
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 18th May 17, 8:02 PM
    • 6,648 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    I would've thought that was more than mildly interesting!!!

I saw it in January and loved it, I still prefer Edward Scissorhands though.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    Ok for a mildly interesting thing - washed my bath mats!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 8:09 PM
    • 26,541 Posts
    • 96,245 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Made a mildly intereeesting concoction for my evening meal.......

Chestnut mushrooms, asparagus tips, sautèed in butter, with added sea beet, sea purslane, lovage and parsley.

It was mildly very yummy!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 18th May 17, 8:12 PM
    • 58,748 Posts
    • 341,874 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I bought a small bag of compost, so I can repot a small plant (should grow into a tree one day) from the bucket into the bigger pot.... well... owning the compost is stage I. Getting round to it is Stage II. Only time and the weather will decide the difference between the two .... and I probably need to "do something technical" like get some big stones for the bottom few inches of the pot.... I'm clueless really, but I've got the compost!
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 18th May 17, 8:13 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,816 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    I made a banana and walnut cake, it's lush with vanilla ice cream
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 18th May 17, 9:34 PM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 3,615 Thanks
    cbrown372
    Bought 6 double yolk eggs.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 18th May 17, 9:41 PM
    • 2,166 Posts
    • 4,878 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    My festival tickets arrived in the post. Yayzers!!
    Girls do it better....
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th May 17, 10:44 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,598 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    Bought 6 double yolk eggs.
    Originally posted by cbrown372
    For real excitement , I had a hen who laid triple yolkers last year
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 18th May 17, 10:57 PM
    • 4,565 Posts
    • 9,663 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    I went to my body balance class tonight and mildly attempted to balance on one leg..........then mildly toppled over!
    Make £10 a day challenge Jan/£215.84/ Feb £146.45/ Mar £192.55/Apr £171.20/ May £156.40/june £76.95
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....969.49 miles
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 19th May 17, 10:35 AM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 3,615 Thanks
    cbrown372
    For real excitement , I had a hen who laid triple yolkers last year
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    Ouch .......
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 17, 10:49 AM
    • 26,541 Posts
    • 96,245 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Not done anything mildly or otherwise interesting today, yet, except eat a cheese pasty and sing a song.

Oh! I did try a new facepack, and now my skin is as mildly smooth as a baby's bottom!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 19th May 17, 11:14 AM
    • 7,671 Posts
    • 25,019 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I had a brand of granola I haven't tried before for breakfast. It was ok.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 19th May 17, 11:46 AM
    • 48,822 Posts
    • 133,461 Thanks
    colinw
    I looked in some unused desk drawers and found some post it notes
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 19th May 17, 1:33 PM
    • 11,797 Posts
    • 45,354 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Painted me ducks
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 1:44 PM
    • 6,648 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Finally took my bag of clothes with a few mugs and other things - plus two canvas prints to the charity shop. As I bought some new ones to replace them last week,

Wish I did it earlier before my right leg was playing up.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 19th May 17, 1:51 PM
    • 7,155 Posts
    • 15,418 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Maybe slightly more than mildly interesting.....

Our doctor sent a form for my son to have medical exemption from paying for prescriptions, due to him now being 19 and having a qualifying condition. The form has been returned today because my son has not signed the form.

I rang the NHS health costs team (number is on the letter) and asked if I can sign for my son as he does not have the mental capacity to understand - however, there is nowhere for a representative to sign and to say why the applicant cannot sign. I was told that if he can wite his name (he can), then he must sign. I then read out the declaration which states 'I understand...' and pointed out that my son does not understand - he has a severe learning disability, and I am his legal appointee for the DWP. My son still has to sign. I disagreed, and said that there must be some sort of arrangement for those who cannot sign, either because they cannot write their own name, or because, like my son, they have a severe learning disability and cannot understand why they are writing their name. Eventually I was told to sign it myself, but to put a letter in to say why my son has not signed, and someone will make a decision.

Surely my son is not the only person who is in this position, and there should be a section for legal appointees to sign on a patient's behalf (as I do when he needs surgery).
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 19th May 17, 2:12 PM
    • 6,648 Posts
    • 12,177 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Maybe slightly more than mildly interesting.....

Our doctor sent a form for my son to have medical exemption from paying for prescriptions, due to him now being 19 and having a qualifying condition. The form has been returned today because my son has not signed the form.

I rang the NHS health costs team (number is on the letter) and asked if I can sign for my son as he does not have the mental capacity to understand - however, there is nowhere for a representative to sign and to say why the applicant cannot sign. I was told that if he can wite his name (he can), then he must sign. I then read out the declaration which states 'I understand...' and pointed out that my son does not understand - he has a severe learning disability, and I am his legal appointee for the DWP. My son still has to sign. I disagreed, and said that there must be some sort of arrangement for those who cannot sign, either because they cannot write their own name, or because, like my son, they have a severe learning disability and cannot understand why they are writing their name. Eventually I was told to sign it myself, but to put a letter in to say why my son has not signed, and someone will make a decision.

Surely my son is not the only person who is in this position, and there should be a section for legal appointees to sign on a patient's behalf (as I do when he needs surgery).
    Originally posted by kingfisherblue
    That sucks - know a few people who have children who don't understand things like your son. Though they are still under 18.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 19th May 17, 5:45 PM
    • 4,565 Posts
    • 9,663 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Instead of mushroom ciabatta for my lunch at work.......which I have most days........I added a bit of meat in the form of sausage. Was much too meaty for me so will go back to my mushrooms only which I enjoy mildly more.
    Make £10 a day challenge Jan/£215.84/ Feb £146.45/ Mar £192.55/Apr £171.20/ May £156.40/june £76.95
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....969.49 miles
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 19th May 17, 6:49 PM
    • 4,067 Posts
    • 4,842 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    Walking past a rubbish skip this afternoon I noticed a cardboard box by the side of the skip. It drew my attention, and I found several packs of unopened Carrefour yummy bakery goods, all of which had just passed their sell-by date.....straight into our day-packs tyvm.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 19th May 17, 6:52 PM
    • 11,720 Posts
    • 11,123 Thanks
    Chris25
    Made a mildly intereeesting concoction for my evening meal.......

Chestnut mushrooms, asparagus tips, sautèed in butter, with added sea beet, sea purslane, lovage and parsley.

It was mildly very yummy!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I would say that was a very, rather than mildly, interesting meal.

Yuk to the lovage but have never tried sea beets. Think I've had the purslane, is it similar to samphire?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 19th May 17, 7:01 PM
    • 26,541 Posts
    • 96,245 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I would say that was a very, rather than mildly, interesting meal.

Yuk to the lovage but have never tried sea beets. Think I've had the purslane, is it similar to samphire?
    Originally posted by Chris25
    Not really. It is small oval leaves, which you strip off the stalks and braise, or just chuck it into stir fries. They look a bit like the succulent Portulaca, to which they are related, but not as fleshy.

It has a very delicate flavour, slightly salty, and is chock full of omega-3s, which is useful for vegetarians as it is the vegetable with the greatest amount of those, next to fish.

It was the first time I'd had lovage and I like it......it had a very interesting flavour!

The sea beets were very nice too..... a crunchier texture than most leafy veg, and a hint of citrus in the flavour.

My veg supplier is coming up trumps at the moment!

Another super favourite of mine is sorrel, as it has a lemony sourness which is nice in salads!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,072Posts Today

9,128Users online

Martin's Twitter