Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Potato Fist
    • By Potato Fist 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 69Thanks
    Potato Fist
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today?
    • 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today? 16th May 17 at 3:22 PM
    We all do things everyday that are interesting which we tell people about but we never talk about the mildly interesting things we have done

At work today, there was no clean tea spoons so i folded a large straw in half and used it as a spoon to stir my tea.

Its not the most interesting thing, but it is mildly interesting
Page 4
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th May 17, 11:52 AM
    • 585 Posts
    • 1,523 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    A hairdresser once told me that unless your hair is really, really filthy, you only need to lather once.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    It's only written on shampoo bottles so you use it quicker and go buy more
    • hunters
    • By hunters 18th May 17, 12:20 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 1,092 Thanks
    hunters
    I haven't used anything on my hair for three years plus since I thought I had a frozen shoulder and couldn't lift my arm to shampoo. All I do is wet hair in the bath or shower, hairdresser didn't know for at least a year although if you have greasy hair I probably wouldn't recommend.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 18th May 17, 1:44 PM
    • 11,632 Posts
    • 44,833 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I only ever shampoo my hair once, if I did it twice it'd dry it out even more.

What's more, the new "thing" is to use a shampoo that isn't actually shampoo, it's conditioner
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 1:49 PM
    • 25,837 Posts
    • 93,032 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I only ever shampoo my hair once, if I did it twice it'd dry it out even more.

What's more, the new "thing" is to use a shampoo that isn't actually shampoo, it's conditioner
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Is that a specific product or do you use any old conditioner?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..

X ~O
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th May 17, 1:58 PM
    • 5,916 Posts
    • 7,365 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Mild green fairy liquid - Not at all interesting, not that mild.
    Just saying.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 18th May 17, 1:58 PM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 3,518 Thanks
    Izadora
    I've not seen anything about using conditioner as shampoo but I know there was an advertising campaign recently (I think it was Tresemme) saying that you should use shampoo and conditioner the opposite way round from normal.

I tried it and found that my hair managed to be both drier and greasier than normal...
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 18th May 17, 2:05 PM
    • 7,465 Posts
    • 24,162 Thanks
    fairy lights
    It's only written on shampoo bottles so you use it quicker and go buy more
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    I don't even understand what washing it twice is supposed to achieve - my hair is exactly the same after two shampoos as it was after one. I just thought I'd give it a go in case it was miraculously life changing but nope. And I'm slightly resenting the extra time I had to spend rinsing my head now, I could have had an extra minute in bed!
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th May 17, 3:33 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 1,523 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper

There's a long running thread about it on the beauty board
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 3:52 PM
    • 25,837 Posts
    • 93,032 Thanks
    Pyxis
    There's a long running thread about it on the beauty board
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    Yes, I had a look online. They are specific products. Probably just a gimmicky thing. I might try using just conditioner and see what happens.
    I don't wash my hair very often anyway, as it's incredibly dry due to years of colouring.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

X ~O
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 18th May 17, 4:13 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 1,523 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    Yes, I had a look online. They are specific products. Probably just a gimmicky thing. I might try using just conditioner and see what happens.
    I don't wash my hair very often anyway, as it's incredibly dry due to years of colouring.
    Mines so fine that using a conditioner just leaves it lank and greasy. Now and then I use coconut oil, leave in for a few hours and shampoo out
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th May 17, 4:18 PM
    • 38,858 Posts
    • 77,569 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    What is this hair of which you speak?

I made a pizza from scratch today using a modified slimming world recipe. I had half for lunch and will have the other two quarters for tea. It was a common or garden cheese and tomato with herbs if anyone is mildly interested.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 4:30 PM
    • 25,837 Posts
    • 93,032 Thanks
    Pyxis
    What is this hair of which you speak?
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    You wouldn't like it, Fruity. It's a sort of growth that sprouts from the top of your head.
    It has to be treated regularly with all sorts of lotions and chemicals just to stop the people so afflicted looking like the Wreck of the Hesperus on its way backwards through the hedge.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

X ~O
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 18th May 17, 4:35 PM
    • 7,465 Posts
    • 24,162 Thanks
    fairy lights

I made a pizza from scratch today using a modified slimming world recipe.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Have you tried 'wizza'? it's pizza made using a tortilla wrap as the base. You can top it with whatever toppings you want but it has about 100000% less calories. I'm going through a pretty intense wizza phase at the moment.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th May 17, 4:47 PM
    • 38,858 Posts
    • 77,569 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Have you tried 'wizza'? it's pizza made using a tortilla wrap as the base. You can top it with whatever toppings you want but it has about 100000% less calories. I'm going through a pretty intense wizza phase at the moment.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I've never heard of wizza, but I do regularly have to have a wiz. I've never made a tortilla wrap either, and calories aren't my main worry when it comes to food; it's salt.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 18th May 17, 4:48 PM
    • 6,433 Posts
    • 11,767 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Saw Matthew Bourne's The Red Shoes at Curve, Leicester. Though car parking was manic as it was a sell out.

Remember to leave 15-20 mins earlier for Matilda in March. That sell out in 2.5 days!!
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 18th May 17, 5:18 PM
    • 1,248 Posts
    • 3,518 Thanks
    Izadora
    Saw Matthew Bourne's The Red Shoes at Curve, Leicester.
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I would've thought that was more than mildly interesting!!!

I saw it in January and loved it, I still prefer Edward Scissorhands though.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 18th May 17, 6:31 PM
    • 11,632 Posts
    • 44,833 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Today I cut the front hedge and moved all the bird feeding paraphernalia further down the garden to stop the little !!!!!!s darlings from crapping on the windows and garden furniture.
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 18th May 17, 6:47 PM
    • 2,569 Posts
    • 4,100 Thanks
    avogadro
    I've been putting some pictures into frames and hanging them up. Trying to decide which picture should go where is proving more difficult than I thought. I am starting to have great respect for gallery curators who have to hang and organise hundreds of the things.
    • tommix
    • By tommix 18th May 17, 7:00 PM
    • 34,506 Posts
    • 139,708 Thanks
    tommix
    I went into a pub today and had a glass of lemonade..It was whilst ruminating upon my tragic life that I espied a sign above the Bar..

'If you're drinking to forget, please pay in advance'

Very wise, and vaguely interesting, I thought.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 18th May 17, 7:50 PM
    • 25,837 Posts
    • 93,032 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I've been putting some pictures into frames and hanging them up. Trying to decide which picture should go where is proving more difficult than I thought. I am starting to have great respect for gallery curators who have to hang and organise hundreds of the things.
    Originally posted by avogadro
    Try laying them on the floor. Easier to change the permutations.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

X ~O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,219Posts Today

8,622Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Just looking at the final(ish) Premier League table. The gap between the top seven and the rest is huge. Has it ever been more lopsided?

• Follow Martin