Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Potato Fist
    • By Potato Fist 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    • 75Posts
    • 128Thanks
    Potato Fist
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today?
    • 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today? 16th May 17 at 3:22 PM
    We all do things everyday that are interesting which we tell people about but we never talk about the mildly interesting things we have done

At work today, there was no clean tea spoons so i folded a large straw in half and used it as a spoon to stir my tea.

Its not the most interesting thing, but it is mildly interesting
Page 2
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 16th May 17, 5:11 PM
    • 22,066 Posts
    • 56,526 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Finally got OH's photos, apps etc on to new phone.

There was a good reason why they hadn't transferred: he'd never, ever backed them up to iCloud. It took all night on the old phone!

Then I had to reset the new phone and turn off wifi on every damn thing else to Disney load his stuff! I need a drink!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 16th May 17, 5:58 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I mildly applied body butter on my hair, instead of conditioner. I then mildly had to wash my hair again.
    Mildly interesting that I now cannot read the difference.
    Last edited by Tipsntreats; 16-05-2017 at 6:00 PM.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 16th May 17, 6:21 PM
    • 2,820 Posts
    • 7,727 Thanks
    Callie22
    I learned that hamsters are illegal in Australia (and Hawaii, among other places).
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 16th May 17, 6:29 PM
    • 12,197 Posts
    • 46,697 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I stripped a few beds (2 of them, you have to take the mattresses off to get the sheets on and off). I did some cleaning, put away 6 baskets of clean laundry and did 5 more machine loads. I also stripped down and washed all the bits off a Dyson vac as it smelt like farts when I was using it But that was work.

Slightly less interesting is what I did at home. Walked the dog (twice), will shortly be having a shower and hair wash, then having me dinns and after that watching telly and generally vegging

The highlight today was making a white tea with 1 sugar for the plumber.
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 16th May 17, 7:25 PM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 5,538 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    Paid €0.83 for a can of baked beans this morning.....I'd never have shown such extravagance in our local Morrisons.
    • OldMotherTucker
    • By OldMotherTucker 16th May 17, 7:52 PM
    • 6,910 Posts
    • 15,221 Thanks
    OldMotherTucker
    I went to Waitrose today instead of my usual Wednesday - it's nice to shake things up a bit, it stops you getting in a rut.
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 16th May 17, 8:18 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    I got out of bed before 10am

I got dressed before 1pm

Watched Doctors cos I missed it yesterday

And we went out for lunch and took the scenic route

I'm now lying on the sofa trying to stay awake
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 16th May 17, 11:03 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,828 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    I realised that someone I've been talking to online is involved in something legal but I think it's morally wrong and in order to get something I want I'll have to help them do something I disagree with. Time to be practical instead of conscientious?
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 16th May 17, 11:09 PM
    • 2,420 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    I travelled from Liverpool to the Isle of Wight and we missed the ferry we were booked on coz hubs stopped for a burger king
    Girls do it better....
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 17th May 17, 7:40 AM
    • 6,954 Posts
    • 12,709 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Had my right shin x-rayed three times.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 17th May 17, 8:02 AM
    • 7,173 Posts
    • 15,462 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    I'm hoping that this is interesting this evening - my Guide unit are learning a bit about the construction industry at the moment, and we're also going to write to an Australian unit for the first time.
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 17th May 17, 9:23 AM
    • 16,398 Posts
    • 107,448 Thanks
    gallygirl
    I'm going out for breakfast and may have bacon with my scrambled eggs instead of salmon. But possibly not. I have a twenty minute walk to mull it over .
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    • hunters
    • By hunters 17th May 17, 10:10 AM
    • 578 Posts
    • 1,680 Thanks
    hunters
    cleaned my glasses, I may not need new ones now as I can see out of the current ones
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 10:37 AM
    • 28,084 Posts
    • 102,465 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I learned that hamsters are illegal in Australia (and Hawaii, among other places).
    Originally posted by Callie22
    Is this why?

I realised that someone I've been talking to online is involved in something legal but I think it's morally wrong and in order to get something I want I'll have to help them do something I disagree with. Time to be practical instead of conscientious?
    Originally posted by bushbaby1103
    Don't do it!

Never trade your principals for mammon!

You'll hate yourself in the morning.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 17th May 17, 10:42 AM
    • 28,084 Posts
    • 102,465 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Following on from the mildly interesting fact about hamsters,
    I just learned this equally mildly interesting fact about guinea-pigs ..........

Awwwwwww!

Who says governments have no heart?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th May 17, 11:53 AM
    • 40,222 Posts
    • 80,314 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    I mildly did some AmDram practice for this evening's session.

I also sorted some mildly useful AmDram exercises on my iPad.

In a minute I will mildly get changed, and run through one mild routine, before I mildly drive there.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    Born to be mild!

So what is the mild term for a mild amateur drama queen then? Mildly interesting answers on a postcard please.

I stripped a few beds (2 of them, you have to take the mattresses off to get the sheets on and off). I did some cleaning, put away 6 baskets of clean laundry and did 5 more machine loads. I also stripped down and washed all the bits off a Dyson vac as it smelt like farts when I was using it But that was work.

Slightly less interesting is what I did at home. Walked the dog (twice), will shortly be having a shower and hair wash, then having me dinns and after that watching telly and generally vegging

The highlight today was making a white tea with 1 sugar for the plumber.
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    Do you not have a magic laundry basket in your house then? I put my dirty laundry in the washing basket in the bathroom and it reappears freshly cleaned back in my wardrobe a few days later.

However, it has strangely stopped working since my Lovely Cousin became ill a few days ago. Last time she was ill the same thing happened, then started working again when she got better.
    I wonder if there is a mildly interesting correlation between the two events.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 17th May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 40,222 Posts
    • 80,314 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Today I 'phoned the council to chase up my previous contact with them when I reported not one, but two flooded drains on the road adjacent to our home.

I hope the fact that I reported two identical floods does not elevate this above the mildly interesting status. I would hate to be excluded from this mildly interesting discussion.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 17th May 17, 1:08 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,624 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    I mowed the front lawns

What's midly interesting about that is two of them are over 100 metres long and 50 metres wide

What may push that above midly is, I used the mower on mulch so I've no trip to the tip with grass to make
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 17th May 17, 1:34 PM
    • 1,324 Posts
    • 3,810 Thanks
    Izadora
    two of them are over 100 metres long and 50 metres wide
    Originally posted by Livelongandprosper
    You need to get yourself a sit-on mower!!

I went shopping at lunchtime and bought a new dress to wear on holiday.*

*ETA This is most definitely the highlight of my week so far
    Last edited by Izadora; 17-05-2017 at 1:37 PM.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 17th May 17, 1:40 PM
    • 12,197 Posts
    • 46,697 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I visited my Mother-in-Law and did a Tesco shop, where I discovered they'd reintroduced their value sausage rolls so I bought 3 packs of 8 I also bought 2 pairs of "emergency" jeans in a size bigger than normal
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

2,438Users online

Martin's Twitter