Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Potato Fist
    • By Potato Fist 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    • 75Posts
    • 128Thanks
    Potato Fist
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today?
    • 16th May 17, 3:22 PM
    What mildly interesting thing did you do today? 16th May 17 at 3:22 PM
    We all do things everyday that are interesting which we tell people about but we never talk about the mildly interesting things we have done

At work today, there was no clean tea spoons so i folded a large straw in half and used it as a spoon to stir my tea.

Its not the most interesting thing, but it is mildly interesting
Page 18
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 9th Jun 17, 8:18 PM
    • 7,170 Posts
    • 15,456 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    I opened a mildly interesting envelope today - it was from the council tax department, giving news of a refund. However, on double checking the details, I found that it is actually addressed to another woman, c/o my address, for a different property about a mile away.

I was mildly uninterested in the 'please hold, all of our staff are busy with other customers', whilst I waited for ten minutes on the phone, but fortunately I did not have a range of options (press 1for this, press 2 for that) as there was a direct line number on the refund invoice thingummybob.

It's mildly interesting, but slightly concerning, that the person named on the refund wotsit had sent an email with a forwarding address - mine. I was asked if I was sure that this person hadn't been a previous tenant. Nope, definitely not. I've owned this house (with some help from the Halifax!) for almost 23 years, and in it's 56 year history, I am only the fifth owner. I knew two of the previous owners when I was a child and a teenager.

So, now I have to write a mildly interesting letter to the council to explain that Ms X has not moved in and I do not know who she is.

I live in a house with a single digit number - I'll say number 1. I doubt if it is an error as numbers 11, 21, and 31 (equivilant numbers ending in the same digit as my house number) are all houses owned and lived in by retired people. The original email also had my postcode on.

So, mildly interesting but also mildly concerning.
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 9th Jun 17, 9:58 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    Yesterday was my birthday. The curry/BBQ in the garden for 20, mostly spent dodging the showers was 'interesting'.
    Sorry this is a day laye but I was a bit busy
    Girls do it better....
    • Ash Mc
    • By Ash Mc 10th Jun 17, 1:27 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 308 Thanks
    Ash Mc
    Yesterday was my birthday. The curry/BBQ in the garden for 20, mostly spent dodging the showers was 'interesting'.
    Sorry this is a day laye but I was a bit busy
    Originally posted by horleyflyer
    Many Happy Returns! x
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 10th Jun 17, 5:24 PM
    • 7,170 Posts
    • 15,456 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    I've not done this yet, but I'm doing something interesting later - a moonlight walk for our local hospice. It's my first time, although the walk is in it's eleventh year. It would be lovely if we could see the moon, but rainclouds are hovering. I'm hoping to raise around £100 in addition to my registration fee.

Keep your fingers crossed for dry weather on Merseyside from 9pm tonight everyone!
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 10th Jun 17, 5:29 PM
    • 6,948 Posts
    • 12,703 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Had cheese on ryvitas for lunch
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 10th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,190 Thanks
    Sleazy
    I was on a bus which had a poster inside reminding people to vote in the June 23rd EU Referendum.
    I'm thinking that either the bus was very late or I've gone back in time.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jun 17, 6:05 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I mildly flew back into Gatwick and saw the newspapers.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 10th Jun 17, 6:11 PM
    • 7,170 Posts
    • 15,456 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    ETA: deleted as somehow managed to post twice!
    • MrsShazbat
    • By MrsShazbat 10th Jun 17, 9:04 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 2,196 Thanks
    MrsShazbat
    Been to a reunion at the church where I went to Girls' Brigade 30 years ago, with my Mum. The church needs a lot of money spending on it, and because of a dwindling congregation they've been forced to close and sell up. It was fascinating and strange tripping back down memory lane - not least being recognised on the doorstep by someone I haven't seen since 1988!! Apparently I haven't changed as much I as I think I have!!

But it was a lovely afternoon meeting old friends and staff, watching the old band reuniting for a few rusty numbers and tomorrow we're going to the final church service
    PAYDBX 2017 #71 £1194.54 / £3053.49 * Xmas 2017 #8 £217 / £365 * (2016 £424.32 / £366)
    * SPCNo.10 #66 (SPCNo.9 £442.64 inc Quidco to 2/11/16 £138.92 *
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 10th Jun 17, 11:07 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    Getting my top hat out to wear at a music festival tomorrow
    Girls do it better....
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 10th Jun 17, 11:34 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Getting my top hat out to wear at a music festival tomorrow
    How lovely.

Does mildly interesting things at night count?
    I am mildly finishing my bottle of wine.
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 10th Jun 17, 11:50 PM
    • 2,419 Posts
    • 5,210 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    How lovely.

Does mildly interesting things at night count?
    I am mildly finishing my bottle of wine.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    Yes I think it does!
    I'm finishing off a cocktail I made the other day.... hic
    Girls do it better....
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 11th Jun 17, 12:13 AM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Yes I think it does!
    I'm finishing off a cocktail I made the other day.... hic
    The other day That is mighty mildly interesting.
    • Hoochypooch
    • By Hoochypooch 11th Jun 17, 12:40 AM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    Hoochypooch
    Put a tomato plant into the ground (from a pot).
    *** Lord Chief Justice Hoochypooch ***
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 11th Jun 17, 2:22 PM
    • 6,948 Posts
    • 12,703 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Returned and picked up parcels at an Amazon Locker. I collected my parcel first to see if I was allocated the same locker to return another parcel. No it wasn't.

Went over the road to Waitrose to buy the things I selected for MyWaitrose 20% off (the items were on offer too) and had my free coffee.
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 11th Jun 17, 2:39 PM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    I visited my neighbour downstairs (she's 80), a very nice woman who came to see me when I was in hospital last year.

She is planning on visiting a friend in Bexhill and can't decide between flying or getting the train.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 11th Jun 17, 3:35 PM
    • 8,396 Posts
    • 10,675 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I visited my neighbour downstairs (she's 80), a very nice woman who came to see me when I was in hospital last year.

She is planning on visiting a friend in Bexhill and can't decide between flying or getting the train.
    Originally posted by Dreamnine
    A very long journey by train. But the cost of flying?????

I am mildly ploughing through a week of washing. I need lots of tea to keep me mildly going.
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 11th Jun 17, 3:55 PM
    • 4,380 Posts
    • 5,538 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    Scraped off loose and flaky point off the garage up-and-over door, and painted on 2 coats of Hammerite Metal Paint.....good as new again.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 11th Jun 17, 4:05 PM
    • 49,602 Posts
    • 135,729 Thanks
    colinw
    Scraped off loose and flaky point off the garage up-and-over door, and painted on 2 coats of Hammerite Metal Paint.....good as new again.
    Originally posted by PompeyPete
    I love painting with hamerrite I am a bit sad like that
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 11th Jun 17, 5:55 PM
    • 7,872 Posts
    • 13,293 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    A very long journey by train. But the cost of flying?????

I am mildly ploughing through a week of washing. I need lots of tea to keep me mildly going.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    The plane to Gatwick is a lot cheaper than the train but she would need to continue by train or bus.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,282Posts Today

7,761Users online

Martin's Twitter