Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 16th May 17, 3:02 PM
    • 4,625Posts
    • 9,780Thanks
    iammumtoone
    healthy ready made snacks, is there such a thing?
    • 16th May 17, 3:02 PM
    healthy ready made snacks, is there such a thing? 16th May 17 at 3:02 PM
    I am looking for suggestions for as healthy as possible, ready made, just grab from the cupboard snacks. Like you can crisps and biscuits. I am not sure there is such a thing

Fruit would be ideal but I don't like it

I would prefer something you can buy but I am happy to make my own as long as it will last/keep a week, I don't want to be making/preparing something every day.

Many thanks
    Sealed pot challenge ~ 10 #017
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017 - 78/2017

Page 2
    • Tiddlywinks
    • By Tiddlywinks 17th May 17, 8:55 AM
    • 5,323 Posts
    • 18,362 Thanks
    Tiddlywinks
    Soup? Make a batch and just warm some through when you get home.
    Originally posted by bouicca21
    Even nuking a can of soup will be 'healthier' than munching on crisps and biscuits.
    • Linda32
    • By Linda32 17th May 17, 9:22 AM
    • 4,045 Posts
    • 9,013 Thanks
    Linda32
    The soup idea is a good one. There are quite a few tinned ones which are 1,2 or 3 a day on the veggies.
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 17th May 17, 9:30 AM
    • 6,457 Posts
    • 5,002 Thanks
    prosaver
    Drink a glass of water or 2... sometimes i have a teaspoon of peanut butter by itself or with rivita high fiber cracker.
    Celery a good one takes ages to eat, bit bland tho.
    • mair1234
    • By mair1234 18th May 17, 10:14 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mair1234
    Dried fruit and nuts? Dried fruit has quite a lot of sugar (albeit natural sugar) so you have to be careful with portions...it's so easy to eat the whole bag but nuts are great for satisfying snack cravings!
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 18th May 17, 11:12 AM
    • 9,211 Posts
    • 17,378 Thanks
    zippychick
    These threads may help

healthy snacks

healthy snacks for kids

Zip
    I'm a Board Guide of Old Style MoneySaving, The Northern Ireland board,How Much Have you Saved? and Martin's Blogs.
    This means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    New to the Forum? Why not watch the Guide?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Game Over
    • By Game Over 26th May 17, 6:19 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Game Over
    Try buying your fruit and veg from a greengrocer or local farm shop -- somewhere where the buyer really cares. The quality is much better than in supermarkets.
    Debt £23,000ish (Down from £29,183 May 10)
    Income £17,500 (up from £13,500 in 2010)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,233Posts Today

9,130Users online

Martin's Twitter