Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 16th May 17, 1:24 PM
    • 2,313Posts
    • 7,013Thanks
    SallyUK
    0 WOW
    Where To Go In June 2017
    • 16th May 17, 1:24 PM
    0 WOW
    Where To Go In June 2017 16th May 17 at 1:24 PM
    Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I posted on here, due to sad circumstances, but I've decided it's high time, I pulled myself together and tried to face the world again.

My fianc! is 50 in June and I'd like to surprise him by taking him away somewhere.

I'm pretty much open to any suggestions - I've thought about Dubai, (flights pretty pricy) - looked at New York - not sure about there, Cuba - never been, so not sure about it.

I'd prefer to fly from Manchester or Leeds Bradford airport.

Has anyone seen any good bargains lately, and if so, where?

Thanks

Sal
    x
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 16th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 17,746 Posts
    • 7,217 Thanks
    richardw
    • 16th May 17, 1:36 PM
    • 16th May 17, 1:36 PM
    What sort of holiday does your fiancee like?

Ryanair have good fares from LBA to Girona and Chania in June.
    Last edited by richardw; 16-05-2017 at 2:18 PM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • skid112
    • By skid112 16th May 17, 3:10 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    skid112
    • 16th May 17, 3:10 PM
    • 16th May 17, 3:10 PM
    Ditto for Easyjet to Pisa in June, Thursday - Thursday 8th to 15th for £110 for both. Rooms are available from £250 for the week, depends what level of luxury (or not) you require
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 16th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 7,013 Thanks
    SallyUK
    • 16th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 16th May 17, 8:10 PM
    Thanks for replies.

He's quite laid back and enjoys most things - ideal holiday would be a luxury safari!

I don't mind taking him somewhere "different" - I know he's mentioned Vietnam, but would we need travel vaccine for there? Probably too late for far away destinations?

Sal x
    • Neil49
    • By Neil49 16th May 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1,173 Posts
    • 568 Thanks
    Neil49
    • 16th May 17, 9:22 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:22 PM
    What budget do you have and how long do you want to go for?

Visited Dubai in March and it was hot even then. Personally I wasn't very impressed. New York is great but not cheap. You need to know where to visit when you go there (see the separate NY thread on this site).

Cuba is a long haul and you really need to visit various towns and cities to make the most of it. It's a big island but transport is a bit of a gamble. If you are just going to a holiday resort there then you may as well go to Spain.

Vietnam is a great place to visit but once again you need to plan your trip and you have left it a bit late. Also June is in the rainy season and will be hot and humid so not the best time to go.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 16th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 2,424 Posts
    • 1,386 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    • 16th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 16th May 17, 11:01 PM
    There's a few deals keep propping up on hotukdeals
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 12 stone @12/2018. At start 17 stone 7 lbs 21lb lost
    2) to find a purpose in life work wise and have a new challenge
    Help others by &say hello to at least 1 person a day
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 17th May 17, 3:26 AM
    • 6,401 Posts
    • 7,842 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 17th May 17, 3:26 AM
    • 17th May 17, 3:26 AM
    Probably too late for far away destinations?
    While cost and weather will always come into play and a quick bit of research on jabs us a good idea the concept of:

1) Book plane
    2) Book hotel
    3) Arrive and get taxi

doesn't sound like it needs any more thought than a short haul destination.
    • prenton01
    • By prenton01 17th May 17, 8:51 AM
    • 153 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    prenton01
    • 17th May 17, 8:51 AM
    • 17th May 17, 8:51 AM
    Go to Vietnam

Me the wife and 2 friends done it last year booked everything separate.

Nha Trang will be perfect June is best time to go. I have had a quick look for you at prices

Qatar airlines return from Manchester to Ho Chi Minh 9th June coming back 23rd £500 per person

Hotel in Ho Chi Minh 3 days (well worth it)
    http://www.saigonhotel.com.vn/ £38 per night

Flights Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang £40 return per person Jetstar

Hotel Nha Trang http://www.sunrisenhatrang.com.vn/ £1000 for 9 nights

Total cost per person £1100 ish

You can get better deals on hotels in Nha Trang to bring cost down

By the way these are the same flights i used and same hotels if you want anymore info please ask
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 17th May 17, 3:32 PM
    • 4,064 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    • 17th May 17, 3:32 PM
    • 17th May 17, 3:32 PM
    I wouldn't go all the way to Vietnam just to beach it in over commercialized Nha Trang......you'd have a better time going short haul to a quality European destination like Croatia. Cheap flights with short transfers, and using your cash on the holiday rather than long tiring flights.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 17th May 17, 3:48 PM
    • 6,401 Posts
    • 7,842 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Tend to disagree so much to do in Nha Trang and surrounding area and so cheap as well and people so much more friendlier

Plus this for £50 a night

Originally posted by prenton01
    Is she included in the room rate?
    • prenton01
    • By prenton01 17th May 17, 3:50 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    prenton01
    Is she included in the room rate?
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    Haha no chance
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 17th May 17, 3:54 PM
    • 8,198 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    worried jim
    One in every port Pete! Great photo, looks fab.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 17th May 17, 5:04 PM
    • 4,064 Posts
    • 4,835 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    Our last trip to Vietnam was in February this year, and we fancied a few days by the sea, but not in an over touristed resort like Nha Trang.

We had a week in Quy Nhon, which is south of Hoi An and north of Nha Trang. Beautiful place, golden beaches, hardly a tourist in sight and because of that the prices were a fraction of Nha Trang. Go now, as it's bound to be the next Nha Trang.

Easy to reach by air from Saigon or Hanoi, airport is Phu Cat, then 40 minutes by road on airport shuttle bus.
    • creased-leach
    • By creased-leach 18th May 17, 11:59 PM
    • 1,450 Posts
    • 1,797 Thanks
    creased-leach
    Thanks for replies.

He's quite laid back and enjoys most things - ideal holiday would be a luxury safari!

I don't mind taking him somewhere "different" - I know he's mentioned Vietnam, but would we need travel vaccine for there? Probably too late for far away destinations?

Sal x
    Originally posted by SallyUK
    Mexico, carribean coast. Go to a hotel on the Yucatan Peninsula, and it's almost like being on safari in itself. We were there for a week in May'15, swam with sea turtles/rays/huge variety of fish straight from the hotel beach. We also saw raccoons, agoutis, coatimundis, iguanas and on our last day, a spider monkey. That's without even starting on the bird life.
    The culture and colour is incredible.
    AI includes water sports, top brand alcohol and a vast range of food as standard.
    No jabs needed.
    We are off to the neighbouring hotel in less than two weeks on honeymoon- by which time the whale shark season will have just started, so we are hoping to indulge.
    Only dead fish go with the flow...
    • chrispy
    • By chrispy 19th May 17, 3:25 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    chrispy
    Mexico, carribean coast. Go to a hotel on the Yucatan Peninsula, and it's almost like being on safari in itself. We were there for a week in May'15, swam with sea turtles/rays/huge variety of fish straight from the hotel beach. We also saw raccoons, agoutis, coatimundis, iguanas and on our last day, a spider monkey. That's without even starting on the bird life.
    AI includes water sports, top brand alcohol and a vast range of food as standard.
    No jabs needed.
    We are off to the neighbouring hotel in less than two weeks on honeymoon- by which time the whale shark season will have just started, so we are hoping to indulge.
    Originally posted by creased-leach

Hey Creased

Fancy doing this, can you advised where you stayed or where you are going to stay as I need to book a holiday for the middle of June and this might just fit the bill, thankyou
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 19th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 7,013 Thanks
    SallyUK
    All these suggestions are fab, thank you so much to everyone for their replies xx
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 19th May 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 7,013 Thanks
    SallyUK
    Thankyou - which hotels were you in?

No jabs needed.
    Originally posted by creased-leach
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

400Posts Today

4,668Users online

Martin's Twitter