Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • joncass
    • By joncass 16th May 17, 1:15 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 14Thanks
    joncass
    UKPC private parking charge
    • 16th May 17, 1:15 PM
    UKPC private parking charge 16th May 17 at 1:15 PM
    I have followed the advice given on the main site using the 'No nonsense approach' template.
    I have received a rejection letter and have a POPLA code? They have spelled the name of the driver incorrectly.( I realise I should not have given it to them, doh!)
    I have not yet received a NTK.
    It was a windscreen charge issued on 19.4.17
    They have ignored all the mitigating circumstances which I outlined in my original letter and simply said there are sufficient signs, I never disputed that!
    What to do next?
    Should I write to the landowners?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jun 17, 7:01 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,412 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Do we assume you actually named the driver and/or ticked 'driver' when you appealed, because you followed the EMBARRASSINGLY AWFUL (AND DAMAGING TO PEOPLE'S CHANCES OF SUCCESS) MSE article 'template' on appealing private PCNs and saying some old tosh like 'the reason why I parked as I did...'?

Such a shame, if you lose this POPLA appeal then MSE lost it for you (not this forum).

No NTK arriving would have been fatal (when a keeper appeals to a windscreen PCN) and we have told MSE that. Over recent months I have emailed MSE Megan, and before that had pm exchanges with MSE Marcel, begging them to remove the terrible *advice* that suggests people actually say who was driving the blinking vehicle, thus losing people's POPLA appeals for them.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-06-2017 at 7:05 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• joncass
    • By joncass 7th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Coupon-Mad,
    Yes, unfortunately I have named the driver in the original letter sent directly to UKPC

I realise now that has scuppered my chances but I'm still going ahead with the POPLA
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,412 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We agree you should continue to POPLA, and if you lose at POPLA, don't pay them. You don't have to pay, POPLA isn't binding on you, and a driver can defend in small claims (we win them too - no risk of a CCJ or huge costs even if not).

But MSE's advice should have changed to match this forum's proven winning advice, YEARS ago

However, you may well win at POPLA anyway, UKPC often lose even in these circs.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• joncass
    • By joncass 7th Jun 17, 9:47 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Appeal submitted!
    • joncass
    • By joncass 28th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Hi,
    I just received an email from POPLA saying that UKPC have uploaded their evidence and that I have 7 days to provide comments.
    What is the next step?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    • 14,025 Posts
    • 22,041 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi,
    I just received an email from POPLA saying that UKPC have uploaded their evidence and that I have 7 days to provide comments.
    What is the next step?
    Originally posted by joncass
    Read their evidence through and rebut any and everything that is fundamentally wrong, or not quite right, or that you disagree with.

POPLA may work on the basis that unless you rebut a point, you tacitly accept it is correct.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • paulstevens64
    • By paulstevens64 28th Jun 17, 6:55 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    paulstevens64
    Two straightforward choices when faced with an evidence pack at POPLA:

1) Don' bother reading. Do not respond. Let POPLA assume that everything the lying cheating parking company have said in their evidence is true. Await the outcome.

2) Read the evidence. Rebut every point. E.G. pick holes and dispute everything. Make it clear that they are lying.

Your choice
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 28th Jun 17, 6:56 PM
    • 11,050 Posts
    • 14,503 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    You need to look through what UKPC have provided and rebut everything that's wrong with it.

Search this forum for "UKPC POPLA evidence rebuttal" or something like that and check anything up to 4 months old for guidance.
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • joncass
    • By joncass 28th Jun 17, 7:05 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Hi,

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I have tried to read the evidence pack but it will not download properly, I am met with this gobbledygook! I have copied and pasted a section of it below.

PNG  IHDR/f`UsRGB!gAMA a pHYsodIDATx^7?zM[nv !!WR6 $m!L1Ʀ{/yI3ݙkgu4Gґfb)b)N# KL1SL1tZQ ^b)b)ӊbSL1SL1Vb)b!SL1SL %b)b:!(/1SL1iE1x)b)N+KL1SL1tZQ ^b)b)ӊbSL1SL1Vb)b!SL1SL %b)b:!(/1SL1iE1x)b)N+KL1SL1tZQ ^b)b)ӊbSL1SL1Vb)b!SL1SL %b)b:!(/1SL1iE1x)b)N+KL1SL1tZQ ^b)b)ӊbSL1SL1Vb)b!SL1SL % G;P֐˷_owW1V(Zđ-p{j{N۷!O: yhV<:~玡>i.}S!|c:t S!%=u#z7_!؏2gZ1~/?Qúp !!^/!жBG2:wnb^@i$T;Mmz%SޤG ]#b1m'!ݒ8:I|ͫ\M}!`y:Z( c#hq!F7Sۃi!WZt/m3R_I!5oن:M)N%C!GnBkq3_ eRQŻZMg9AEꄡT!rkLM/n?ҐY%@Ý1gǝ_!N䗚'ҩ m'TgȘqhK;u^ցV!~_zy!: a9׻ITQ躿O/֏fG K\}+=4 g[m_@K;5 C= t7EZӰ)r^a{M!a!/3vx_ݖ6ui6wd!!VGz!6  ^5u/!w#%!˩dۜ4 ^aHm!@ZyD[xe}~G Q_u_t(!!{R!)wocю.f4 cxBwN~/%!MeN1!ק膢-}nw:%BZ?& W2_@7Zv*!q # )ʗSz7CV3Tɏ!׆ Do3+4WΞA!4M!ٌ%1'4|{4 c_0Czݑ5_(YV>_iEO]2_ ^3?\* x9RfU%&m4!C!N>JEI\VzK 7Fʰ]~kkx+}2i[H_RV!/"*%RN|Mi9_z~5=Yps!`! 5~8|ûӃusm=!INno.l +qb!heGgkD!5 nMaK'v#їw$<WuS/iܛ-fORQ!o/綦ACj$Erdt!#܈n{7 !(؅ORFIb!tbW=2ai<8T{@:! @߻``Cah%i=I ʰ]!!h['`<!ótsȣ֦%T&/t~;hȎ;ER!L p=80lLIȦW{ VtmX.R"Z!<68/zfaZݓ!&` ꩏'tѺ8YtdtN>8!A¸r }hC;)/ɜ ߆!(}wSP/iWnF8S!"ܹIsn1|_e}|e]=F}V$[8.wOe<2ja$ڝN!njs7lGD i}; J^@:A:!nޞN&.fFot*\ݗ>IwVF ٵK ڟ5t:u;:^ q;Drbl ߩcCp)}!HaCm*\F1_ wt[E/Bn5i ^qxCoaPVi GS\L|3! V;(!@]KD>VNw?z+]L!u~C N6 xù4 =v!h5ssm{Dڰ!#kyI;N xiX!`$y|!@ǽco!eR;!!_Qz 7!uwfDn!izI0!'[hrTT3Mdh%%/ ^LR~w YxaYD&x6jA#qB8֍zh;fE!!C 6H/Ksqn.!3!6K ^@ ףۺ!|!pJxsP!߻7Mt|z'}û@![6}dD NK eu[! @ uyϦw.-/KOL9!OOPD^x]gn!Xʫ' ^u{Zb)L{3JxseYtHǗ9!JV_Ӓ tJ91Iko&=>Oo>NCOw7`=,v !c%܄O7i>1lw!݁2o1-z+wq J~l =!Zzqy\~D?,5K^VL ף[;! e5ₗv8tGY~A4! L/.E$s"v42zuyawݗ(z/$ސoֹjTNJ]sңA1c CEM%N4?!N\z,!7-b F-ׯG6㔀' `]-4  YbY I:4p7Ts }; uΡA];oˉ`74_Nz!oF>m c!z۹!!˅`i ͐M[}w?v>e=FwW3xa:<t_nx7!C5 _!* ! @1xr)g_-͢vuvhV[ҊkXq~FXiZڙ:w]lCY!a;ϹۻɃЪ.7yҷAIr?Mx xo joN!=6Z i6GK)Pwc?{,˪]Nk8!.r-${/eN!cqYم 5gFmxa:4S) е=LmMdULw\lN_/FMqy\ 6K^ i˴!ag2~_RyuxZ µwk ۬qa;bRB![P+_kiie7/!rB:M҇{#RƷ~O Su [̧onù^d#8IQqzm ŴWK i_uh_ h;bC!YUrk!!/˪]NN!ʲ!^ʾPa{Ђ.oKSUC^2 ӥHݹt!_Pz{,- 엛! Zh38NN:]teskLnW*/ntM'5 2<x3 {(&$!^)/!&ӰM~}4!Ygs :םo;4{M7(cs.x!,_[ I3pH_!3"Z!_Go\2>ԧe^ CW7qRP˪]~x삗!Ix9!>&(U֛?ː$U:NWNmZҵ {s$Ҿ!B:08_jv\!-M!ɡMŏ ~!T?QH:>*6%Unt;}1m^UtbXzy[tp!kt!AvM~ Kҹ *+WeM ^g/ 7篴`S ~y-Mje^Lz*!?{FIX!{!·,Ge.L' ^$>6uim"!=6*!v  xؙ]bu^Y@S/>?NB?{E#so槲?@'hwN 6EhƫX:M^NK$oϻ!3v_]?>nK!Mc!P ^J!{^!@q+!awSzD1}zu{z'&l 4!}_Cj\Kjrt^A㏈}.X@
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 28th Jun 17, 7:16 PM
    • 5,648 Posts
    • 7,298 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi,
    What is the next step?
    Do yourself a big favour, learn from history about UKPC

You will see all about these cowboys
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=UKPC
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 28th Jun 17, 7:24 PM
    • 5,648 Posts
    • 7,298 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hi,

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I have tried to read the evidence pack but it will not download properly, I am met with this gobbledygook! I have copied and pasted a section of it below.

Yes just code.

Try asking your browser to open it in a new browser.
    Google will do this, not sure about microsoft
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Jun 17, 9:14 PM
    • 14,025 Posts
    • 22,041 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Have you got Adobe Reader installed on your computer?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • joncass
    • By joncass 3rd Jul 17, 1:20 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Hi,
    I have finally obtained the evidence from UKPC. POPLA have also given me an additional 7 days to respond ( they told me that there were problems with their portal for Safari users ) The evidence consists of a lot of photographs and some of the signage, there is a witness statement and a page or two of text outlining their case. I feel that the witness statement is the best argument now as i had requested full authority from the landowner.
    They also mention PE v Beavis and some other cases going back to 2007!
    In my appeal letter I pointed out that bevies did not apply in this case, Now it seems as if I am just repeating myself.
    Should I say it all over again or will POPLA read everything anyway?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Jul 17, 6:48 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,412 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Don't re-state the appeal, POPLA will not read it if they think you are doing that.

You need bullet point comments on the evidence.

Look more closely at the signs, their pics are unreadable and blurred, surely? UKPC's photos are always awful and you can't see the 100 on the sign.

Look at that Witness Statement, when was it signed, does it give an expiry date, who signed it and can you read their name & position and company, is that the actual landowner, or just another third party agent?

• joncass
    • By joncass 4th Jul 17, 12:02 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Hi,
    They sent very clear signage on this occasion.

The 100 is tiny.

Witness statement is signed by a third party 'in perpetuity' no expiry.
    I looked up the name in companies house and he finished his position with the school BEFORE signing it! Not the actual landowner. School secretary.

Thanks

Jon
    • joncass
    • By joncass 4th Jul 17, 12:05 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    One more thing.
    An image they sent as an example of marked bays show a vehicle outside of the bay( this is what I'm charged with!)
    • joncass
    • By joncass 17th Jul 17, 7:55 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Huge thanks to everyone who offered help and advice. I won!!!!!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Jul 17, 8:03 PM
    • 48,929 Posts
    • 62,412 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hooray, please copy & paste POPLA's decision (adding paragraphs please, no wall of text POPLA-style, spare us, make it readable).

It needs to go into 'POPLA Decisions' the sticky thread near the top, with a link to this thread and a summary telling people it was against UKPC (which the decision doesn't say).

• joncass
    • By joncass 25th Jul 17, 10:18 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    joncass
    Thanks Coupon-mad,
    I've posted the assessor's decision on the POPLA decision page.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

418Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter