Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wordsfan
    • By wordsfan 16th May 17, 12:31 PM
    • 345Posts
    • 71Thanks
    wordsfan
    New Tenancy Energy Queries
    • 16th May 17, 12:31 PM
    New Tenancy Energy Queries 16th May 17 at 12:31 PM
    I've found the phone numbers to find the suppliers (have both gas and electric) so will be doing that later.

Its prepay meters in at the moment and they're very expensive (previous experience) so I want to change to monthly direct debit which is what I was on in previous property.

In addition I want to do what I DIDN'T at last place which is make sure I am on the cheapest tariff with the cheapest provider.

Also the electric is currently on a smart meter, i had never even SEEN one before! so advice on that would be great too.

any advice or people's experience of doing all this would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • macman
    • By macman 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    • 41,291 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    macman
    • 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    • 16th May 17, 6:01 PM
    The charge for a meter change will be around £60 each, and your LL may require you to reinstate the PPM's at end of tenancy.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • wordsfan
    • By wordsfan 17th May 17, 4:16 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    wordsfan
    • 17th May 17, 4:16 PM
    • 17th May 17, 4:16 PM
    Landlord is housing association. They're fine with me changing it.
    • wordsfan
    • By wordsfan 17th May 17, 4:40 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    wordsfan
    • 17th May 17, 4:40 PM
    • 17th May 17, 4:40 PM
    My gas is not currently registered with anyone.

Electric is scottish power.

How can I figure out best company to go with when I don't know what my usage will be?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

561Posts Today

5,832Users online

Martin's Twitter