Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gainz
    • By gainz 16th May 17, 12:01 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    gainz
    Gemini Parking Solutions - POPL
    • 16th May 17, 12:01 PM
    Gemini Parking Solutions - POPL 16th May 17 at 12:01 PM
    Howdy

I had a fine for not buying a ticket at a london hospital. I went to pay and the machine was displaying an error message. I looked all over for another but couldn't find one. It has since been brought to my attention that there was one outside which I did not see. Anyway, I appealed with POPL but they rejected it. I sent Gemini the following in a letter;

Regarding this penalty charge, I have enclosed a picture of the error on the payment machine. I did not find another machine to pay the fee and I tried looking everywhere for one inside the car park. I don't need to avoid paying a £2 fee and I rarely get parking tickets or fines. Your charge of £100 is not only ridiculous but disgraceful. All I owe to your company is £2, demanding any more is unlawful. I enclose a cheque for the £2.00 in full and final settlement. I would advise you to
    cease and desist, or we will begin legal proceedings under Section 3 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. I trust this matter will be concluded admirably.

Gemini have now returned the cheque and are going to add more fees if I don't pay. Any ideas what I could do? Thanks in advance. G
Page 1
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 16th May 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 2,399 Thanks
    tykesi
    • 16th May 17, 12:04 PM
    • 16th May 17, 12:04 PM
    You need to read the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of the 'Parking Tickets' board and then re-post in there if you have any specific questions once you understand what you need to do.

This is NOT a fine or a penalty as you will soon find out when you read that thread.
    £2017 in 2017 - £3238.42
    • gainz
    • By gainz 16th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gainz
    • 16th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 16th May 17, 1:25 PM
    Mate, none the wiser after reading all that...my head hurts!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 17, 1:32 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo
    • 16th May 17, 1:32 PM
    • 16th May 17, 1:32 PM
    You need to start a thread on the parking tickets board. It will get more responses than here.
    This space for hire.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 16th May 17, 2:12 PM
    • 3,197 Posts
    • 3,239 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 16th May 17, 2:12 PM
    • 16th May 17, 2:12 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • gainz
    • By gainz 16th May 17, 5:16 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gainz
    • 16th May 17, 5:16 PM
    • 16th May 17, 5:16 PM
    Look guys I don't know what i need to do. I posted over there but no responses. My case is not covered from what I gathered. Any help?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 16th May 17, 5:27 PM
    • 7,526 Posts
    • 7,558 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 16th May 17, 5:27 PM
    • 16th May 17, 5:27 PM
    Your "case" means absolutely nothing to a PPC or POPLA - and if you wasted a POPLA code on a fact-based appeal, then your current situation and remaining options are fully explained on a great many threads and the Newbies Sticky already.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 16th May 17, 5:32 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo
    • 16th May 17, 5:32 PM
    • 16th May 17, 5:32 PM
    Look guys I don't know what i need to do. I posted over there but no responses. My case is not covered from what I gathered. Any help?
    Originally posted by gainz
    Be patient. There's no rush to do anything.
    This space for hire.
    • gainz
    • By gainz 18th May 17, 3:18 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gainz
    • 18th May 17, 3:18 PM
    • 18th May 17, 3:18 PM
    Your "case" means absolutely nothing to a PPC or POPLA - and if you wasted a POPLA code on a fact-based appeal,...
    Originally posted by pogofish
    I mean, wtf does that mean?

They are sending bailiffs now. I spoke to them they're m***f***'s
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 18th May 17, 3:57 PM
    • 1,736 Posts
    • 2,399 Thanks
    tykesi

I appreciate it's tough to get your head round at first but nobody will be prepared to help if you're not prepared to put some effort in yourself.

You need to read the thread you were directed to, if you have any questions on any specific points people on the parking board will gladly help defend this and make it go away but they won't do it for you, you need to work on it yourself.

You'll soon realise the industry is a scam, bailiffs aren't coming to get you (yet) but you may well end up in court if you don't follow the advice in the parking forum.
    £2017 in 2017 - £3238.42
    • waamo
    • By waamo 18th May 17, 4:03 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo

You've been given advice on your other thread. You need to stick to that thread.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

223Posts Today

1,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin