Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spruk
    • By spruk 16th May 17, 12:09 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    spruk
    Trustee Advice
    • 16th May 17, 12:09 AM
    Trustee Advice 16th May 17 at 12:09 AM
    My creditors who petitioned for my bankruptcy have put a trustee in place to see if they can find assets.

I've never owned any property or a car etc and I have nothing of value.

I'm also on a low income so I don't have an IPO in place.

I'm on the understanding that I won't have to pay an IPO if my income doesn't change within the next couple of months when I'm discharged.

The trustee keeps getting in touch with me and asking the same questions over and over again. I answer all of his questions time and time again and he still continues to threaten me with all sorts of things to try and extract more information out of me.

The trustee is getting desperate now as I clearly have no assets but I feel he's harassing me and keeps requesting pointless information and paperwork I clearly won't have.

I feel it's getting to the stage where he wants to just waste my time and try and cause me distress as he keeps quoting Section 333 of the insolvency Act 1986 and my obligation to cooperate or he can take me to court for examination or stop me from being discharged if I don't cooperate.

How long do I need to cooperate with this clown? Can I kindly tell him to f### off after my discharge date or can he throw Section 333 of the insolvency Act 1986 at me for much longer after my discharge date?

Thanks
    Last edited by spruk; 16-05-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Typo
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 16th May 17, 7:57 AM
    • 1,437 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 16th May 17, 7:57 AM
    • 16th May 17, 7:57 AM
    My trustee was on my case for 4 years, mine was quite complicated different to yours, it does sound like they are searching for something, but just do whatever they ask, I found that to be a small price to pay to get my life back on track.
    • Mouse007
    • By Mouse007 16th May 17, 9:06 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Mouse007
    • 16th May 17, 9:06 AM
    • 16th May 17, 9:06 AM
    I refer you to my previous answer to that question

say it every time
    • TakeAwayKing
    • By TakeAwayKing 16th May 17, 9:08 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    TakeAwayKing
    • 16th May 17, 9:08 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:08 PM
    Hi

Your Trustee remains in office even after your discharge.
    Non compliance could be grounds for an application to postpone your automatic discharge.
    • skintandfat
    • By skintandfat 16th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    skintandfat
    • 16th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 16th May 17, 9:32 PM
    May I suggest you use a phone that records calls

If some of your family have a phone that has an Android system you can get a call recording app for less than £6

Next time he calls tell you have a phone that records calls.

Then you will have evidence if they try and play funny peeps
    • LincsPaul
    • By LincsPaul 18th May 17, 1:24 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    LincsPaul
    • 18th May 17, 1:24 AM
    • 18th May 17, 1:24 AM
    Sorry to jump in but what incentive is there, if any, to co-operate with a trustee AFTER discharge, if there are and were no assets to speak of?
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 18th May 17, 9:02 AM
    • 1,437 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 18th May 17, 9:02 AM
    • 18th May 17, 9:02 AM
    My trustee was still working on my case after discharge, the case was closed 4 years after B.R.
    You still have to comply
    • LincsPaul
    • By LincsPaul 18th May 17, 10:37 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    LincsPaul
    • 18th May 17, 10:37 AM
    • 18th May 17, 10:37 AM
    Ok - however does that not apply if there is no trustee appointed or they write to you saying their job is done before/after discharge? I assume the prospect of having a trustee appointed or delving into things can't hang over one's head forever! :O
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 18th May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 1,437 Posts
    • 1,283 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 18th May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:57 AM
    It takes as long as it takes for the trustee to deal with the case.

If no trustee is appointed, if there is no I.P.A and you are discharged, that's it all over and you can get on with your life.
    • TakeAwayKing
    • By TakeAwayKing 18th May 17, 12:47 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    TakeAwayKing
    Your incentives to comply with your Trustee post discharge are to help him carry out his duties so he can close the case and let you get back to your life, and so you don't find yourself being taken to court.
    • LincsPaul
    • By LincsPaul 18th May 17, 1:19 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    LincsPaul
    Ok. I saw somewhere on a related post that a Trustee appeared in someone's life after discharge, so that freaked me out a bit :O
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

244Posts Today

1,817Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin