Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hudders1985
    • By Hudders1985 15th May 17, 4:58 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hudders1985
    PCN from Ealing - Parked longer than 30 mins
    • 15th May 17, 4:58 PM
    PCN from Ealing - Parked longer than 30 mins 15th May 17 at 4:58 PM
    Afternoon - I've been looking around a lot to see if this has been asked previously so apologies if I've missed a previous thread.

I'll save you all the time and you can pick the short or long version #SpolierAlert - don't read the short one if you want the story, it contains a spoiler!

Short version - Does an enforcement office need to view the car for a certain amount of time before a ticket can be issued for a parked longer than permitted violation?

Long version - I had a meeting down in Chiswick Park. I make no excuses for it but I'm a country boy so city parking is a new beast to me. I headed down for my meeting. It only took five hours of driving as apposed to 2 hours thanks to an M6 closure.

I was advised by a couple of people to park on Bollo Lane which is only 2,20 for a day and local to the office; sounds good right?

A little stressed and a little worn out I found a space. Stuck my car in it, nice bit of parallel parking. Spotted a sign, called up and paid for a ticket. Jogged off to my meeting.

Got back to the car a few hours later on. Drive for about 4-5 miles before I spotted what I thought was a scrumpled up leaflet under my wiper. Grabbed it and spotted it was a ticket!!! FML right? (see attached for photo)

After closer inspection on google maps I realised my mistake (see attached for photo, I parked on the left space behind the blue van). Right in front of a sign that says " Mon-Fri 9AM - 5PM 15 mins No Return within 2 hours". I'd jumped out of the car. Went to the boot to grab my wallet and have just seen the sign behind the car with pay details on. I didn't even notice the sign was different or that the spaces are different.

My question is basic - Do I need to pay??

I would argue that the signage is inadequate and unclear - but I think it's mostly down to my own inexperience to be honest. As you can see from the ticket the state the car was observed at 12:40 and the ticket issued at 12:43. Does the car not need to be observed staying for longer than 30 mins?

Any advice (apart from being more careful when parking) on how I can save my 30 would be appreciated!

* * *Had issues uploading the pics but I'll keep trying to add them * * *
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th May 17, 5:05 PM
    • 13,977 Posts
    • 17,250 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th May 17, 5:05 PM
    • 15th May 17, 5:05 PM
    this is not a file hosting site so you cannot upload pics here

is this council or private ?

if its council , go to pepipoo forums, register with a gmail address and post on there and add your pics of the ticket etc too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th May 17, 5:07 PM
    • 12,629 Posts
    • 19,420 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th May 17, 5:07 PM
    • 15th May 17, 5:07 PM
    If this is a council ticket, wrong place really.

As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Hudders1985
    • By Hudders1985 17th May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hudders1985
    • 17th May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 17th May 17, 2:03 PM
    Thanks for the guidance and I've posted on the other board!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

4,320Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin