Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HeatherH
    • By HeatherH 15th May 17, 3:00 PM
    • 303Posts
    • 127Thanks
    HeatherH
    Vodafone Family Ending
    • 15th May 17, 3:00 PM
    Vodafone Family Ending 15th May 17 at 3:00 PM
    I was sent a text saying that Vodafone family is coming to an end. I rely on this quite a bit, with wanting to make sure my son, and my parents can get hold of me regardless of whether they have credit or not.

Does anyone know if this is being replaced by anything similar? My currently contract recently finished in April, and I'm wondering if it's actually worth staying with vodafone, as I've been with them for over 15 years.

Thanks
    If you could be what you imagine, imagine what you could be
Page 1
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 15th May 17, 4:45 PM
    • 1,027 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    • 15th May 17, 4:45 PM
    • 15th May 17, 4:45 PM
    Not seen this text yet but that is a shame.

Couple of people with PAYG tariffs have this and it's been a useful feature.

Would have been great if they included video calls between the family members but alas, I suppose nowadays with so many plans having unlimited calls.....this was a feature in its demise ?
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 15th May 17, 8:25 PM
    • 2,471 Posts
    • 18,252 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 15th May 17, 8:25 PM
    • 15th May 17, 8:25 PM
    Is it actually ending completely, or are they just stopping any changes and letting people currently on it keep it? Their website suggests it may be the latter:

If you want to add people, or change your group size, just call 191 free from your Vodafone phone before 5 June 2017. After this date, you won’t be able to make further changes to your group.

• HeatherH
    • By HeatherH 17th May 17, 12:23 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    HeatherH
    • 17th May 17, 12:23 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:23 PM
    I've had conflicting information with people I've spoken to through their website. One said it's fine and wont end without change, and the last lady I spoke to said it'll end completely and it'll no longer work, with or without change.

I've got to go into town today, so thinking of speaking to actual faces, but to be honest, I don't know what to trust anymore.
    Last edited by HeatherH; 17-05-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th May 17, 1:19 PM
    • 31,221 Posts
    • 36,913 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 17th May 17, 1:19 PM
    • 17th May 17, 1:19 PM
    BT mobile are doing a new family tariff , not sure what it involves though
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Vodafone
    • 18th May 17, 11:20 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:20 AM
    Hi HeatherH,

As an existing Vodafone Family user, I can confirm that you'll be able to continue using this service. However, you'll only be able to make changes to your group up to 5 June 2017.

For clarification, Vodafone Family is no longer available to new customers.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • HeatherH
    • By HeatherH 19th May 17, 10:43 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    HeatherH
    • 19th May 17, 10:43 PM
    • 19th May 17, 10:43 PM
    Thank you for confirming Lee. I've just upgraded my plan, and the vodafone family still seems to be there, fingers crossed it stays x
  • Vodafone
    • 23rd May 17, 1:12 PM
    • 23rd May 17, 1:12 PM
    You're welcome HeatherH.

If you need help with anything else, let me know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • merlin777
    • By merlin777 1st Jun 17, 5:59 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    merlin777
    • 1st Jun 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1st Jun 17, 5:59 PM
    presumably, if you change to another contract you'll lose it?

Or will you be able to keep it as long as you stay with vodafone and keep your number?

Is it being replaced with something else? I rely on it a lot to keep in contact with my elderly Mum so I'll probably have to jump ship when I lose it to a provider that does. Shame - it was a good feature.
  • Vodafone
    Hi merlin777,

If you upgrade, you'd just need to make sure that Vodafone Family remains active on your account.

If you cancelled Vodafone Family altogether, you wouldn't be able to re-add it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,390Posts Today

8,781Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Emloy93: @MartinSLewis I did this! It 100% works ????????

• RT @Photo_Pete: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, I'll renew mine before my 24th in September!

• Tell any 23 yr olds... you're allowed to buy a 3 year 16-25 railcard the day before your 24th birthday then it's valid until ur almost 27 RT

• Follow Martin