Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    heavenleigh
    In need of ideas for a nursery rhyme costume
    • 1st Oct 07, 1:23 PM
    In need of ideas for a nursery rhyme costume 1st Oct 07 at 1:23 PM
    Afternoon all,

DD has book week this week at school and needs to be dressed up as a nursery rhyme character on Thursday.

I still have last years litle red riding hood costume i made (that she claimed first prize in) but as she wants to win again (ok I want to win) i need to make something else.

Most parents send their children in shop bought costumes, and thinking about it this is the cheaper way to do it, but it is always the home made costumes that claim first place.

How old am i?

We have thought about little bow peep but apart from a dress and a crook i dont know what else i could make, for red riding hood i made a dress, gingham apron, red satin cloak, wicker basket etc i need something that takes a little imagination (can you tell i really want to win?)

The sewing machine is at the ready, my sister in laws mother owns a bridal shop so i can snaffle material, ribbon, props etc for nothing .

I wanted Abbie to go as humpty dumpty in an outfit i was going to make out of bridal dress hoops and material but she has refused point blank darn 6 year olds:rolleyes: .

Can anyone think of any ideas, and i will of course post a photo of the finished item when done (probably 3am thursday morning if little red riding hood is anything to go by).

Remember it needs to have a little imagination and i dont mind the work involved, the point after all is to win!

Bad, bad competitive mother:
    Leigh xx
    I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
    Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,088Posts Today

6,488Users online

Martin's Twitter