Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ontheup1972
    • By ontheup1972 15th May 17, 10:10 AM
    • 61Posts
    • 30Thanks
    ontheup1972
    Experian through credit club
    • 15th May 17, 10:10 AM
    Experian through credit club 15th May 17 at 10:10 AM
    I've just had a letter from Experian telling me that my free trial is starting and after 30 days I will be billed £14.99, yet I have not signed to to Experian.

I have accessed my report through credit club though, has anyone else had this problem?
Page 3
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 16th May 17, 8:50 AM
    • 603 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    I to received this letter and spoke to experian. They said it was a mistake but tell the story a bit differently, they put the blame with MSE. They told me that the reference number on the letter is an MSE reference and they cannot even access it.
    Originally posted by MHOWARD
    Hi Mhoward

I'm sorry to hear that the agent you spoke to at Experian didn't provide you with correct information. This is absolutely a technical error on Experian's part and it has now added a recorded apology message onto its cancellation phone line. I suspect that the person you spoke to likely hadn't fully understood the issue, given that the reference Experian added to its letter couldn't be located on its systems. This is because your details were never added to its Credit Expert systems.

I hope this helps to provide some reassurance.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 16th May 17, 9:45 AM
    • 474 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    StopIt
    Hi Mhoward

I'm sorry to hear that the agent you spoke to at Experian didn't provide you with correct information. This is absolutely a technical error on Experian's part and it has now added a recorded apology message onto its cancellation phone line. I suspect that the person you spoke to likely hadn't fully understood the issue, given that the reference Experian added to its letter couldn't be located on its systems. This is because your details were never added to its Credit Expert systems.

I hope this helps to provide some reassurance.
    Originally posted by MSE Dan L

Given that Experian appear to be intransigent over this issue, should MSE push for more than just an apology to those affected? Especially if they may have tried to shift the blame to yourselves and this will reflect badly on you and potentially put people off this site.

Full Disclosure: I am not affected because your systems wouldn't let me through before so I have to rely on Noddle and ClearScore :P
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 16th May 17, 10:30 AM
    • 603 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    Hi all

Further to my post earlier today, MSE has spoken to Experian and it will be rebriefing its agents to ensure that they are fully aware of the issue and aren't misinforming any Credit Club user who calls into its service certain.

Hopefully this'll help to avoid any further confusion around this.
    • Qwoin
    • By Qwoin 17th May 17, 1:59 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Qwoin
    I have had the same letter I posted this when I had only read the first few replies suggesting it was the individuals fault. I was initially concerned that MSE wernt interested which wasnt the MSE I joined.

Great to see it is being sorted, there is no phone number on my letter that I can find and I dont want to login unless I reactivate and get charged. I will have a look for a phone number but I would also suggest that a sticky is posted to help put other minda at ease.
    Last edited by Qwoin; 17-05-2017 at 2:07 PM. Reason: Further information
    • MSE Dan L
    • By MSE Dan L 17th May 17, 2:21 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 368 Thanks
    MSE Dan L
    I have had the same letter I posted this when I had only read the first few replies suggesting it was the individuals fault. I was initially concerned that MSE wernt interested which wasnt the MSE I joined.

Great to see it is being sorted, there is no phone number on my letter that I can find and I dont want to login unless I reactivate and get charged. I will have a look for a phone number but I would also suggest that a sticky is posted to help put other minda at ease.
    Originally posted by Qwoin
    Hi Qwoin

The number is on the back of the letter which Experian have sent. However, there's no need to call Experian to cancel, this letter has been sent out in error to MSE Credit Club members - there is never any charge for using Credit Club or any other part of the site.

I hope this helps.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 17th May 17, 2:23 PM
    • 16,465 Posts
    • 10,639 Thanks
    molerat
    Received mine today. Nice and personal, Dear "my surname". Should Experian really be trusted with our data ? Is this not a misuse of personal data ? Are they going to send me a personal letter about the misuse of my data and a guarantee that they will not be charging me £14.99 ?

We are always being told to watch out for identity theft and being signed up for things we did not apply for then receive this from the very people who are supposed to help protect us from those things. A personal apology is the very least we should be receiving, they should also be voluntarily reporting themselves to the FCA and ICO.
    Last edited by molerat; 17-05-2017 at 2:50 PM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • molerat
    • By molerat 18th May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 16,465 Posts
    • 10,639 Thanks
    molerat
    MSE CC email today.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,784Posts Today

6,221Users online

Martin's Twitter