Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 14th May 17, 4:31 PM
    • 3,687Posts
    • 6,426Thanks
    avogadro
    What have you done on this fine sunny Sunday?
    • 14th May 17, 4:31 PM
    What have you done on this fine sunny Sunday? 14th May 17 at 4:31 PM
    I've been out for a walk along the sea front and taken some photographs. I take them throughout the year and any good ones get used in next year's calendar.
Page 2
    • Timpu
    • By Timpu 14th May 17, 8:27 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    Timpu
    Kept fingers crossed that the dog recovers after a marathon puking session late last night. Cut the grass. Cleaned the house. Did some washing. Called family. Sorted out some banking.

Blimey, I need to get out more. I'm falling asleep reading that back
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 14th May 17, 9:05 PM
    • 4,920 Posts
    • 16,366 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Was racing a 10k this morning, then shower and pub for an afternoon in the sunshine. Now knackered!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 14th May 17, 9:16 PM
    • 2,473 Posts
    • 9,759 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Walked total of 10 miles with my dog over the course of the day, dug over some of my garden to remove weeds, laid log rolls on another part of garden to stop dog digging it up, sowed grass seed on lawn to hopefully fill patchy bits, fixed dogs 'halti' collar after he chewed through part of it.
    Had 2 bacon sarnies (1 toasted) and a banana milkshake for my tea
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3264.1
    This week 74.6
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 14th May 17, 9:34 PM
    • 7,413 Posts
    • 15,894 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Took my boys to a car boot sale this morning (no entrance fee) and spent a grand total of 50p. One of my lads wanted Home Alone 1&2 DVD that was in perfect condition - 25p. He also wanted a new book about animals - also 25p in excellent condition.

Followed by a late breakfast locally. I have a tooth infection, so an omelette was a tasty but soft brekkie.

This afternoon, I had a doze after taking a paracetomol for the pain in my mouth. I can't take ibuprofen as I have a severe allergy to it. I pegged the dark washing out first, and my younger son put the machine on with the whites.

Soft veg and tender roast beef for tea. Brought in whites and folded them ready to iron.

Rang two parents - I run Rainbows and two girls were supposed to start last week, but didn't turn up. The mums have not responded to messages, so I still don't know whether they require places or not. So frustrating! I'm a volunteer, and love it most of the time, but rudeness annoys me.

The rest of the evening has been a mix of chatting with my boys (and listening to Elvis with my youngest), drinking black coffee, and brwosing the internet. The oldest is now in bed and the youngest is going to take the dog out for a walk. I'm jumping in the shower and having an early night, with another paracetomol and some oil of cloves on my tooth. That's in about ten minutes though.
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 14th May 17, 9:38 PM
    • 13,673 Posts
    • 26,020 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Went to the Science Museum in London. Wasn't as good as I remember it being in the past. It seems to be trying to be too much. If you like planes Hendon is better. If you like cars Brooklands is better. If you like interesting clocks and watches the British Museum is better. If you like space then Kennedy is far far better. The Robot exhibition was also disappointing - plenty of robots but hardly any of them did anything, and looking at a static robot in a glass box is really not that interesting.
    • Livelongandprosper
    • By Livelongandprosper 14th May 17, 9:45 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 1,638 Thanks
    Livelongandprosper
    After waking at five wondering if I was needed in work and getting no reply by 7, I rolled back over and slept till 10.30

Then I lazed the day away before showering and heading to the local for a few bevvies and coming home to a lovely pulled pork dinner ( put it in the slow cooker this morning whilst lazing)

Now sitting with more vino watching line of duty. DH is snoring beside me

I so miss my darling dog. He had to leave us last October. If he was still here I'd have at least taken him up the forest or dam for a walk in the shade. The cat walks himself
    • tommix
    • By tommix 14th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 35,937 Posts
    • 143,563 Thanks
    tommix
    This fine sunny Sunday I went to buy some Sunglasses in Sunbury..
    • Biker*Chick
    • By Biker*Chick 14th May 17, 11:40 PM
    • 9,616 Posts
    • 1,100,707 Thanks
    Biker*Chick
    Helped my 6 year old finish her powerpoint presentation on the subject of Mistakes so she can present it to her class tomorrow. We even created a little piano duet piece to add an extra touch to her 'show'. It was all her idea I should add!! (I was just the technical help )
    Contessa Biker*Chick of the Alphabetty thread

=^._.^= ∫
    • Mrs Bones
    • By Mrs Bones 14th May 17, 11:54 PM
    • 13,649 Posts
    • 53,680 Thanks
    Mrs Bones
    Put in two lots of washing, made a birthday card and wrote a letter. Took some photos in the garden of the flowers looking lovely before it chucks it down tomorrow. I was planning to make a scrapbook page with the photos but haven't got that far yet.
    “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 15th May 17, 12:33 AM
    • 14,951 Posts
    • 127,775 Thanks
    zagubov
    This fine sunny Sunday I went to buy some Sunglasses in Sunbury..
    Originally posted by tommix
    May well have driven past you on my travels as I traveled through Sunbury.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 15th May 17, 9:13 AM
    • 3,304 Posts
    • 6,809 Thanks
    Murphybear
    Went round a friend's house for a lamb barbecue. Lots of lovely food including my gorgeous home made boozy raspberry trifle. So much food left over we'll be doing the same today
    • avogadro
    • By avogadro 15th May 17, 10:22 AM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 6,426 Thanks
    avogadro
    Helped my 6 year old finish her powerpoint presentation on the subject of Mistakes so she can present it to her class tomorrow. We even created a little piano duet piece to add an extra touch to her 'show'. It was all her idea I should add!! (I was just the technical help )
    Originally posted by Biker*Chick
    I had to double take when I read this. A six-year-old doing a powerpoint presentation?
    • tommix
    • By tommix 15th May 17, 10:35 AM
    • 35,937 Posts
    • 143,563 Thanks
    tommix
    May well have driven past you on my travels as I traveled through Sunbury.
    Originally posted by zagubov
    Really! If you saw a good looking dude wearing a stetson, poncho, wraparound raybans, ripped jeans, cowboy boots and spurs coming out of Budgens in 'French street' carrying a Cauliflower? That was me!
    Last edited by tommix; 15-05-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 18th May 17, 9:11 PM
    • 10,496 Posts
    • 23,512 Thanks
    Tarry
    I've actually seen you twice haven't I Tommix once riding your horse dressed as a cowboy...(I actually did see this was odd) and your vehicle with your cowboy thing on
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

3,012Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin