Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WelshGlyndwr
    • By WelshGlyndwr 14th May 17, 4:21 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WelshGlyndwr
    Switching energy provider mse energy club
    • 14th May 17, 4:21 PM
    Switching energy provider mse energy club 14th May 17 at 4:21 PM
    I have used MSE Energy Club to switch provider from Scottish Power to Eon fixed deal. I started the process via the site on the 28th of April. I have phoned Eon and they say they have not heard any inofo from MSE. What is going on? how long should i be waiting? It is crippling being on a standard tarriff with Scottish Power.
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 14th May 17, 4:35 PM
    • 598 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 14th May 17, 4:35 PM
    • 14th May 17, 4:35 PM
    You need to contact the Cheap Energy Club
    CONTACTS

If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.
    from https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub/faq
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 14th May 17, 6:38 PM
    • 3,307 Posts
    • 1,277 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 14th May 17, 6:38 PM
    • 14th May 17, 6:38 PM
    A few of other important FAQ's from that link that may also apply

How long does it take to switch energy supplier?

Energy suppliers have a cooling-off period of 14 days, which starts from the date you submit your switch, so no action is taken until this period is over. The switch process can take up to four to six weeks to complete, depending on supplier, although some will now switch you more quickly....
    Actually, as I understand it, your application is usually passed to the supplier by the CEC only a day or 2 after you apply
    As you applied on the Friday before a bank holiday weekend, this may have caused a small delay to the suggested timing

I've not heard from my provider about my new fixed tariff, is something wrong?

It may take a couple of weeks to get your welcome pack from the provider. To make matters even worse, some of you have told us that when you ring your new supplier, it's told you it knows nothing about the switch.

This is totally incorrect and either a tactic to get you to switch directly (which means no cashback for you and is cheaper for the energy supplier) or the customer service team hasn't been told what's going on. Give it a few weeks then get in touch with the supplier you've switched to.

This doesn't mean your switch isn't in progress. We're finding more and more that suppliers' call centres don't have up-to-date information about switches (or they say they don't).
    and

I've called the supplier and it knows nothing about the switch

So if you've called the new supplier and it doesn't know about the switch, don't worry about it. Wait a few days, and you should receive confirmation of the switch in the post. Don't switch over the phone directly with the supplier - if you do, you'll miss out on any cashback you were eligible for.
    • newatc
    • By newatc 14th May 17, 6:43 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    newatc
    • 14th May 17, 6:43 PM
    • 14th May 17, 6:43 PM
    I started the switch process about 3 days ago and today I got a welcome email from EON. Also as soon as I executed the switch, my status on the Energy Club membership showed "switching in process" so I guess if you can't see that on the screen after logging on then I guess somehow your switch wasn't registered.
    HTH
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 16th May 17, 5:39 PM
    Switching to E.ON
    • 16th May 17, 5:39 PM
    I have used MSE Energy Club to switch provider from Scottish Power to Eon fixed deal. I started the process via the site on the 28th of April. I have phoned Eon and they say they have not heard any inofo from MSE. What is going on? how long should i be waiting? It is crippling being on a standard tarriff with Scottish Power.
    Originally posted by WelshGlyndwr
    Hello WelshGlyndwr and sorry you haven't heard anything from us.

As in newatc's case, you should've received an email in the first few days after starting a switch to us. We're part of Faster Switching and look to bring accounts over in about two and half weeks. To do this, registration runs alongside the 14 day cooling off period plus an extra 3 working days to finish things off. This means our first emails go out very early in the switch. As you haven't received anything from us, I'd do as gsmlnx advises and contact the Cheap Energy Club at MSE. See if there has been a hold up at their end.

The fixed tariffs we had available when you first applied to switch on 28 April are still on sale today.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction WelshGlyndwr.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • MSE Laura
    • By MSE Laura 17th May 17, 9:22 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    MSE Laura
    • 17th May 17, 9:22 AM
    • 17th May 17, 9:22 AM
    Hi WelshGlyndwr,

As mentioned above, drop us an email to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll be able to take a look into this for you

Thanks,
    MSE Laura
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 17th May 17, 10:18 AM
    Switching to E.ON
    • 17th May 17, 10:18 AM
    I started the switch process about 3 days ago and today I got a welcome email from EON. Also as soon as I executed the switch, my status on the Energy Club membership showed "switching in process" so I guess if you can't see that on the screen after logging on then I guess somehow your switch wasn't registered.
    HTH
    Originally posted by newatc
    Morning newatc and good to have you on aboard. Glad you've received the 'welcome' email.

As I mentioned to WelshGlyndwr above, we'll look to complete the switch in about two and half weeks. We'll be in touch again further down the line to ask for meter readings to start your account. We'll send these same readings to your old supplier so they can use them to close their account. This makes sure the same energy isn't charged twice.

If you've registered with our website, you can see how things are going through a facility called 'Track My switch.'

Hope this is useful newatc.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

349Posts Today

4,315Users online

Martin's Twitter