Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tashie_21
    • By Tashie_21 14th May 17, 2:54 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tashie_21
    Advanced Conveyancing - Purple Bricks: experiences?
    • 14th May 17, 2:54 PM
    Advanced Conveyancing - Purple Bricks: experiences? 14th May 17 at 2:54 PM
    Hi all,

I'm about to put my flat on the market, having had three agents round, one of which is purplebricks. I'm very attracted to the control they can give via the app, but not so sure about using their solicitors, advanced conveyancing in order to avoid paying them up front.

I've had a quote through and it's about middle of the road for selling and buying a new house combined but I've got some reservations about it being all lumped together. Has anyone had any experience of these solicitors?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • steffparry
    • By steffparry 10th Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    steffparry
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    Hello there, did you go with PB and Advanced Conveyancing in the end? If so, how was your experience please?

I'm thinking of doing the same.
    • Ragtimeplayer
    • By Ragtimeplayer 10th Jan 18, 7:00 PM
    • 1,206 Posts
    • 1,257 Thanks
    Ragtimeplayer
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:00 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:00 PM
    We went with Purple bricks and had a successful sale. I think their messaging app helped us a lot. It had its downsides too though. Every time we had a message pop up on our phones, my heart sunk a little because we had three buyers pull out initially and they all let us know via the app
    It got that I dreaded looking at it after the third dropout. However, it helped a lot with our final buyer as we were able to keep each other in touch with what the solicitors were up to etc.

If I had to sell another house, I wouldn't use Purple Bricks but I would use another online company. At the end of the day, your house will sell if it is priced right, has great pictures, and is listed on the right sites. You can be in control of those things and I personally would just use the cheapest company that would get me on Rightmove and Zoopla. I would do the rest.
    Stopped smoking Jan 2007 after 23 years!

Cigarettes NOT smoked = 190,945
    Smoke free days = 9 Years
    Cash saved so far = £19745,11
    • kinger101
    • By kinger101 10th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 3,967 Posts
    • 5,424 Thanks
    kinger101
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    Are you doing your own viewings? If not, I'd avoid PB like the plague. There agents cover large geographic areas, which translates into inflexibility with respect to getting viewings arranged. Buyers arrange viewings to find them cancelled or rescheduled to inappropriate times.

If you are doing your own viewings, Emoov doesn't force you to use a conveyancing warehouse.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,789Posts Today

9,199Users online

Martin's Twitter