Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aj9648
    • By aj9648 13th May 17, 8:15 PM
    • 1,033Posts
    • 91Thanks
    aj9648
    Log type cabin at the back of the garden
    • 13th May 17, 8:15 PM
    Log type cabin at the back of the garden 13th May 17 at 8:15 PM
    Hello

I just wondered if any other MSE's had experience of purchasing a log cabin in their garden. I predominantly want one for my son who can use it as a chill out area and when his mates come round but also use it as an office.

We have enough space with quite a big garden and space for it at the back - but not sure if then £10-£15k quotes to get one built is value for money!!

Any one else got one? Useful?
Page 1
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 13th May 17, 9:08 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 13th May 17, 9:08 PM
    • 13th May 17, 9:08 PM
    We built one last year and the neighbors had a moan to the council, they came round to have a look and said as long as no one is sleeping in it it's not a problem. It had to be under a certain high I think 4m rings a bell, single story and 2.5m away from boundaries. We said what if someone went up there to watch the telly and feel asleep and woke in the morning and they said it's fine as long as it's not a permanent residence.

We have a gym and shower room in it and the kids play PlayStation with there friends, it's ideal for us.
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 14th May 17, 6:13 AM
    • 5,880 Posts
    • 5,082 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    • 14th May 17, 6:13 AM
    • 14th May 17, 6:13 AM
    Hi,

what about a wee shepherds hut.

Y'all take care now.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 14th May 17, 9:26 AM
    • 6,765 Posts
    • 17,898 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    • 14th May 17, 9:26 AM
    • 14th May 17, 9:26 AM
    Costco have one for sale - about £5K - at the minute. Seems like a fun idea but neighbours less likely to grouch if plied with tea & cake & gently educated first. Reassurance noone will live in it etc always a good first step.

Me, I'd go for that shepherd's hut in a heartbeat but they've become Pinteresting & so blinking expensive. Anyway, teen many need elbow room, mains & freedom to put up posters you really do not want to admit to. Or possibly know about.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 14th May 17, 10:02 AM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,039 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 14th May 17, 10:02 AM
    • 14th May 17, 10:02 AM
    We have one, it's about 10 years old now. It is decked out beach hut style and has a bar, fridge and lounge area. It's great for chilling out. I can't recall where we bought it, but we did assemble it ourselves - that was fun!
    • Daniel Taylor
    • By Daniel Taylor 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Daniel Taylor
    • 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    • 19th May 17, 8:27 AM
    I think it could be a helpful option for you : cabinliving.co.uk
    Your Window Wizard
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,784Posts Today

6,221Users online

Martin's Twitter