Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ronak Dave
    • By Ronak Dave 13th May 17, 12:26 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Ronak Dave
    Neighbours fence on my land
    • 13th May 17, 12:26 PM
    Neighbours fence on my land 13th May 17 at 12:26 PM
    Hi Everyone, Yesterday my neighbours try to fix the fence. The contractor came and they take out old fence and start installing new fence from the rear of the garden. Now I have metal rod installed in my boundary touching to his fence which clearly advice by my wife to contractors before they start installing fences. Now they started work and installing fence from out boundary. My wife shows pictures and tells them about wrong installation. The contractor denied any wrong work and said it is boundary issue and I have to talk with the agency. I email agency with pictures and try to explain the situation. The agency said it is boundary issue and they will speak with the owner of my neighbour. I ask them to give me owner's contact details so I can call and speak with the owner direct. But they are not providing that information. Not sure what next I can do about this situation. As they start installing fence from my boundary I cannot put my own fence. Any advice, please. Thank you.
Page 1
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 13th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 586 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    • 13th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 13th May 17, 1:57 PM
    You would be better posting in the 'household' section of the forum rather than 'credit file'
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 13th May 17, 2:29 PM
    • 9,423 Posts
    • 7,394 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    • 13th May 17, 2:29 PM
    • 13th May 17, 2:29 PM
    He started a thread about this some weeks ago
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 13th May 17, 5:34 PM
    • 29,561 Posts
    • 18,687 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 13th May 17, 5:34 PM
    • 13th May 17, 5:34 PM
    He started a thread about this some weeks ago
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    11 days ago actually, he even responded to that thread half an hour before starting this 1.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Ronak Dave
    • By Ronak Dave 13th May 17, 6:39 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ronak Dave
    • 13th May 17, 6:39 PM
    • 13th May 17, 6:39 PM
    I am so sorry. I am a new bee and not sure how to use forums. Thank you anyway. I am moving to household section.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 13th May 17, 9:18 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    phillw
    • 13th May 17, 9:18 PM
    • 13th May 17, 9:18 PM
    Not sure what next I can do about this situation. As they start installing fence from my boundary I cannot put my own fence. Any advice, please. Thank you.
    Originally posted by Ronak Dave
    Talk to the owner, if you get nowhere and aren't willing to move the fence yourself then you need to get a solicitor to write a letter before action.

My fathers next door neighbour took down the fence and started building an extension on my fathers land. The council don't care about where it's built. The builder blamed the architect, who blamed the builder. The owner didn't care. So he had to choose between action and cutting the bricks and hammering the window sill flush to put the fence back up.
    • Ronak Dave
    • By Ronak Dave 18th May 17, 3:34 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Ronak Dave
    • 18th May 17, 3:34 PM
    • 18th May 17, 3:34 PM
    Talk to the owner, if you get nowhere and aren't willing to move the fence yourself then you need to get a solicitor to write a letter before action.

My fathers next door neighbour took down the fence and started building an extension on my fathers land. The council don't care about where it's built. The builder blamed the architect, who blamed the builder. The owner didn't care. So he had to choose between action and cutting the bricks and hammering the window sill flush to put the fence back up.
    Originally posted by phillw
    Thank you for your response. Send emails to agency and this week owner would like to agree to meet me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,090Posts Today

8,339Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin