Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kjam
    • By Kjam 13th May 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kjam
    Neighbour smells
    • 13th May 17, 9:56 AM
    Neighbour smells 13th May 17 at 9:56 AM
    Hi I've been having problem with my downstairs neighbours cooking smells for several months. On speaking to him about it he is very dismissive. I did find out he had a ceiling fan which he uses and it's probably 20 years old. Is it possible the ducting for the fan has worn and is leaking? If so what she best way to find out if this is the cause.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Hoogieflip
    • By Hoogieflip 7th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hoogieflip
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    Just seen this
    • 7th Jul 17, 8:11 PM
    Hi,
    I had the same experience once. My downstairs neighbour checked and discovered that his kitchen vent went straight up into the floorspace below my flat. Luckily for me, he was mortified and had it fixed. Sorry, I know it's a horrible problem, but I don't know how to deal with a not-so-respecting neighbour.
    • bettyboo71
    • By bettyboo71 30th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    bettyboo71
    • 30th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    • 30th Jul 17, 12:15 PM
    If you're in rented housing, you could contact your landlord - probably easier if you're in council/housing association accom.
    If you'r the owner, you could contact local environmental health and ask them if they can do some ort of assessment, or see what they can suggest?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,508Posts Today

7,354Users online

Martin's Twitter