Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 12th May 17, 6:45 PM
    • 357Posts
    • 70Thanks
    Nesty
    Parcel left in porch - considered delivered?
    • 12th May 17, 6:45 PM
    Parcel left in porch - considered delivered? 12th May 17 at 6:45 PM
    I'm the buyer this time! (Though as a seller never had this situation, so not sure of the answer).

I ordered this camping fold down chair on EBAY, as wanted for going away on Tuesday.

It had a target date of wed 10th or Thurs11th. Hadn't come today and got in contact with the seller. He copy and pasted me this tracking data though I don't know what delivery service used. The data has some numbers. Though it says left securely in porch.

I don't have a porch nor do any neighbours. I've asked the seller for more information, but is now closed for the weekend.

Though it says warrington sorter1 in the tracking. I wonder if this is Hermes?

What does EBAY class as delivered? signature?
    Last edited by Nesty; 12-05-2017 at 6:57 PM.
Page 2
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 4:57 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    Thanks for the replies.
    They are a power seller and I've gone through he neg's more now and one person says the same. Delivered to the wrong address, another says the seller gave fake tracking number.
    I expect to see some negs on a power seller due tothe amount of sales they do but in generally the feedback rating was high.
    Though be interesting to see if the item tracking they load up is actually real. So far no tracking has been offically loaded up on the order. The seller only giving me a copy & paste transcription via message without saying the who was delivering
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th May 17, 5:00 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Not only will you lose the case but you won't be able to leave any feedback. Far better to try and convince the seller to help you dispute the delivery. If they didn't help, at least you could have left feedback.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 5:05 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    The below is what the seller messaged me in text form.
    I bought this on late sat night 6th. Does anyone reckonise this style of tracking?
    For the seller to win the case does he have to load up offical tracking linked into to the ebay system. The seller does not want to appear to want to load up tracking via the listing?

09/05/2017 11:33:00 Left securely in porch (93448913)
    09/05/2017 10:30:00 Preadvice Update (0285296096685)
    09/05/2017 10:29:00 Order placed
    09/05/2017 09:04:00 Due to be delivered today (0285296096685)
    09/05/2017 05:31:00 On its way to the courier (00000CK3X119X1500600)
    09/05/2017 05:26:00 On its way to the courier (0285296096685)
    09/05/2017 03:45:00 At the customers local depot (00000CK3X119X1500378)
    08/05/2017 21:44:00 At the national sorting hub (WARRINGTONSORTER1)
    08/05/2017 21:43:00 Missing Pre-Advice (WARRINGTONSORTER1)
    08/05/2017 21:43:00 At the national sorting hu
    Last edited by Nesty; 13-05-2017 at 5:13 PM.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th May 17, 5:21 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    The seller will need to upload the tracking info to the case. Did you buy this from outside the UK (the US perhaps?) It looks like a GSP tracking from the US to the UK.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th May 17, 5:23 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    If it is GSP - the seller won't have the tracking himself until it appears on his dashboard, it is generated from GSP, hence why you might think he is reluctant to add it. The seller will be protected, but you should appeal the case and have a thin hope that Ebay will reimburse you, particularly if you stress it was left in a location that doesn't exist.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 5:26 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    The seller will need to upload the tracking info to the case. Did you buy this from outside the UK (the US perhaps?) It looks like a GSP tracking from the US to the UK.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    He was stated as a UK seller. I don't buy items via GSP or via other countrys EBAY. I'm quite strict on that issue.
    The delivery stated is all too quick IMHO. Nothing would really move UK wise until the Monday morning postage wise and first Tuesday morning on a £20 item it arrives. It just seems suspect to me.

Could this be via Amazon Prime by any chance?
    Last edited by Nesty; 13-05-2017 at 5:28 PM.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th May 17, 5:28 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I'm not sure what you mean about being too quick. I use RMT and our parcels that leave here on Monday are delivered Tuesday. Likewise if we use the new Shutl service, the UPS deliveries are delivered within 24 hours of dispatch.

I understand you may not wish to share, but if you want to, the item number may help others see something you may have missed?
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 5:52 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    I'm not sure what you mean about being too quick. I use RMT and our parcels that leave here on Monday are delivered Tuesday. Likewise if we use the new Shutl service, the UPS deliveries are delivered within 24 hours of dispatch.

I understand you may not wish to share, but if you want to, the item number may help others see something you may have missed?

It's not longer active, as I had the last one!
    Thanks
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th May 17, 5:58 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    That's a big item to have been left in your porch.

The postage says RM 2nd class. I can't see the postie marking it 'left in porch'.

The fact the seller has unlawful T&C (you can change your mind within 7 days for a refund less P&P) would have alerted me at the outset. They clearly aren't going to be helpful.

Other than send them an LBA (letter before action) I am not sure what you can do, other than continue with the case, fight it and appeal to Ebay. Then if nothing happens, open a Paypal case - it will end in the same way with you losing and then proceed with a chargeback if your payment provider will allow it.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 6:07 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    Thanks for looking.
    This is no way gone royal mail. I know my postie well. He is very good. This has not been sent by RM. In fact I doubt it's been sent at all!

I went for it as the item laid flat. Hardly, any recliners do (well none for that price). I know the quality wouldn't be all that, but it was just intended to be a minimal use chair, which I suppose it is, as it's minimal not ever seen chair now!
    Last edited by Nesty; 13-05-2017 at 6:13 PM.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th May 17, 6:15 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    It looks absolutely fine, but regardless, you've paid for something and it hasn't arrived. The director of the company is mid 20's and has had several Directorships, you would think he would be savvy enough to help but some just "pile em high". I would be appealing eBay, then Paypal and then if you can't get a chargeback initiated, go for an LBA. When he realises you won't go away he may actually do what he should be doing now. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 6:30 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    It looks absolutely fine, but regardless, you've paid for something and it hasn't arrived. The director of the company is mid 20's and has had several Directorships, you would think he would be savvy enough to help but some just "pile em high". I would be appealing eBay, then Paypal and then if you can't get a chargeback initiated, go for an LBA. When he realises you won't go away he may actually do what he should be doing now. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
    Sure will do. I am going away for a break Tuesday (chair was meant for that)! I would like to know who the courier was. I'll let you know what happens thanks!
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 13th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 7,221 Posts
    • 10,146 Thanks
    KxMx
    From the wording on tracking, I'd take a punt that Hermes was the courier.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 13th May 17, 9:38 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    From the wording on tracking, I'd take a punt that Hermes was the courier.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    I thought Hermes. Though I use Hermes regularly. I know if I get a parcel to the parcel shop 9am on a Monday. The earliest (depending on distance) is Wed delivery. There is no way Hermes got that on Monday and would do a Tues morning delivery.

If the seller states Hermes. I want to see the label in question.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 14th May 17, 11:47 AM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    Had a message from the seller this morning (Sunday they meant to be closed). Saying the courier was Hermes.
    I have asked the seller for the offical Hermes tracking number.

I am suspecing that tracking the seller has provided is fake (they still haven't loaded it up yet). I doubt this is GSP transit prior hermes, as again all too fast.
    The timing don't tie in with Hermes. I used Hermes reguarly. The fastest delivery I have it down to is (IE Monday morning collection, Wed Delivery). I know the Hermes local bloke here as well & he knows my road well.
    I will be investigating this more!
    Last edited by Nesty; 14-05-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 14th May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 7,221 Posts
    • 10,146 Thanks
    KxMx
    Hermes do offer next day/ 24 hour delivery.
    https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our-services/distribution/uk-distribution/services/next-day.html
    So if your seller is a business customer of Hermes it's possible the times fit.
    The general public use MyHermes for which I think the fastest offering is 48hours, those larger business customers using HermesWorld get the quicker option.

Having said that it is suspicious that you still have not been provided proof the tracking given relates to your item.
    Last edited by KxMx; 14-05-2017 at 2:41 PM.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 14th May 17, 4:05 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    Hermes do offer next day/ 24 hour delivery.
    https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our-services/distribution/uk-distribution/services/next-day.html
    So if your seller is a business customer of Hermes it's possible the times fit.
    The general public use MyHermes for which I think the fastest offering is 48hours, those larger business customers using HermesWorld get the quicker option.

Having said that it is suspicious that you still have not been provided proof the tracking given relates to your item.
    Originally posted by KxMx
    Ok thanks. Didn't know that.
    I just done some investigation with that corporate Hermes and found on the site the tracking that info the seller sent me. However there is no visual address or inforation that it's my parcel.

It will be interesting to see if the seller actually loads up that tracking number as there is nothing prove that tracking number has gone to my address.
    Last edited by Nesty; 14-05-2017 at 4:13 PM.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 17th May 17, 6:10 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    Still going with seller. Item still out there somewhere!
    The seller sends me a message today saying that as a small company they can't afford the loss.

A powerseller with 12,000 odd feedback. Messages like that really annoy me as what they saying me as a buyer can afford the loss?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th May 17, 6:54 PM
    • 11,444 Posts
    • 7,716 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Still going with seller. Item still out there somewhere!
    The seller sends me a message today saying that as a small company they can't afford the loss.

A powerseller with 12,000 odd feedback. Messages like that really annoy me as what they saying me as a buyer can afford the loss?
    Originally posted by Nesty
    Tell them that if they dispute the delivery with the carrier, they won't suffer a loss.
    • Nesty
    • By Nesty 18th May 17, 12:54 PM
    • 357 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Nesty
    All solved. My housemate texted me it arrived this morning. Just on the doorstep.
    Obviously someone received it in their porch whilst probably away & passed it on.
    Oh well when I get back hopefully use it for the next trip away!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

656Posts Today

4,804Users online

Martin's Twitter