Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 12th May 17, 9:24 AM
    • 205Posts
    • 362Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    PCN Admin Centre Indigo - A Strange One
    • 12th May 17, 9:24 AM
    PCN Admin Centre Indigo - A Strange One 12th May 17 at 9:24 AM
    Helping yet another friend.
    He is RK but other half is main driver.
    NTK received in post from PCN Admin Centre Indigo. Creditor is Indigo Park Services Ltd.
    It seems a windscreen ticket was issued on a car in London Reg number on the NTK is his car but the vehicle is identified on the NTK as a Mercedes. His car is not a Merc.
    Furthermore it has never been parked in London.
    The invoice is for £124 so higher than the BPA maximum.
    My initial thought is to do a subject access request to get any and all 'evidence'
    Or should he just go for the standard BPA template appeal
    Thoughts anybody
    Thanks
    BT
Page 1
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th May 17, 2:02 PM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 2,398 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 12th May 17, 2:02 PM
    • 12th May 17, 2:02 PM
    Why not take a pic of the car showing the VRM and send it back to Indigo telling them to check their pics before he gets the DVLA to do it.

Add that they have no "reasonable cause" to have the personal details and they should stop processing them immediately.

In 14 days send a letter of complain to the DVLA even if Indigo reply as I'm sure their reply will be "lost"
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 12th May 17, 2:23 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    • 12th May 17, 2:23 PM
    • 12th May 17, 2:23 PM
    Yes IamEmanresu good idea, I'll suggest that to him.

SAR sent requesting further info (not holding my breath)

Also interestingly I noticed on the NTK that to pay it, cheques to be made out to ZZPS Ltd. Never seen one like this before where they appear to have gone straight to debt collection stage with added costs. I don't yet know what the original 'charge' was.
    Bit naughty that.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 12th May 17, 3:26 PM
    • 6,971 Posts
    • 6,988 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 12th May 17, 3:26 PM
    • 12th May 17, 3:26 PM
    indigo loose that many cases , they try to sidestep POPLa by using PCS/zzps , it is quite the norm to hear of this happening , they will swear that a NTK was sent out (zzps is follow up) , however the BPA will back them up by saying recorded delivery is not in the BPA code of practice , and if they say they sent one ,,, they did!
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 9th Jun 17, 1:27 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    • 9th Jun 17, 1:27 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 1:27 PM
    Quick update:

No response whatsoever to the SAR (wasn't expecting anything)

Standard appeal / challenge sent with a few pertinent points as the vehicle / driver / RK have never visited or parked at the site in question.

Got the following response:

Thank you for your recent email.

We have now placed the account on hold and queried this matter with our client.

As soon as we receive a response, we shall contact you accordingly.

Thank you,

So to my understanding they have not followed the BPA COP as they have not provided a POPLA code.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jun 17, 2:36 PM
    • 14,479 Posts
    • 18,099 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:36 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:36 PM
    they dont have to provide a popla code unless they reject the appeal, which they have not done , yet

you are now in limbo awaiting their actual decision
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • bluetoffee1878
    • By bluetoffee1878 9th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    bluetoffee1878
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:45 PM
    Thanks Redx - had not thought of it like that
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 14,479 Posts
    • 18,099 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 2:48 PM
    its the same as when a court case is "stayed"

there is no decision
    neither side has won
    both sides are at an impasse

its now up to INDIGO to decide if they move it on or not, they have up to 6 years to decide their next move, but the longer they wait the less likely that it will continue

you may never hear about it again !!

this means that people are left dangling and worrying , like yourself, these people dont care that they have that effect on other human beings who prefer closure
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 13,220 Posts
    • 20,673 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    • 9th Jun 17, 4:32 PM
    No response whatsoever to the SAR (wasn't expecting anything)
    If you've paid your £10 and they don't (or refuse to) respond within 40 days, complain to the ICO.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/subject-access-request/
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,840Posts Today

8,914Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin