Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 11th May 17, 11:56 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 1Thanks
    miladm1067
    Total parking solutions/ ie legal solicitors
    • 11th May 17, 11:56 PM
    Total parking solutions/ ie legal solicitors 11th May 17 at 11:56 PM
    Hello, I had received a parking ticket in February from TPS on my University campus. I have now received a letter from IE LEGAL SOLICITORS with a "formal demand" for "notice of impending legal actions" and to pay by 15th may. Do I pay the 110 pound fine or wait to go court or appeal to them? Can anyone please help me, I was not aware private parking tickets would end up being chased this much.
Page 8
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Sep 17, 12:58 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    Just to confirm how likely will it be that the claimant pays for a hearing to take place? Judging by my mistakes I would assume very likely!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 17, 9:20 AM
    • 51,584 Posts
    • 65,205 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Received a notice of proposed allocation to small claims track asking me to fill in n180 and a separate letter stating they will use my posts on this Website as evidence
    Originally posted by miladm1067
    The Judge will not be interested in a forum posting by a person who may or may not be the same party as the Defendant. Forum posts are considered banter and hearsay, and PPCs just mention they've seen a thread and will use it, to intimidate and scare people.

They will use it but it has the weight of...not much.

Never mind worrying (that's what they want you to do). You have a defence to the claim, and yes, TPS will pay the hearing fee. So be ready for the next stage as per the NEWBIES thread post #2, about 'what happens when'.

Even if you lose at the hearing you'd likely pay less than the amount they might 'offer' now! Keep the faith with us, not them.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-09-2017 at 5:29 PM.
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Sep 17, 4:54 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    Can I fill in the N180 online?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Sep 17, 5:25 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 990 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, you download a PDF print sign and copy and send to the court and claimant.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 51,584 Posts
    • 65,205 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can I fill in the N180 online?
    No, the NEWBIES thread link to bargepole's post tells you how to fill it in and who to post it to.
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 16th Sep 17, 6:34 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    Received an application notice today as tps are asking for a court order. They also attached all the forum posts. What does this mean? Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Sep 17, 6:55 PM
    • 33,319 Posts
    • 17,241 Thanks
    Quentin
    Received an application notice today as tps are asking for a court order. They also attached all the forum posts. What does this mean? Thanks
    Who sent this "application notice", and what is the wording of the "court order" they are asking for

Regarding this thread being used against you, earlier you posted links to a hosting site where you had put up a photo identifying you. They are thereby able to try and make something out of your participation and any "incriminating" posts they wish to use in an attempt to discredit your defence
    Last edited by Quentin; 16-09-2017 at 7:04 PM.
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 16th Sep 17, 8:21 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    They want to throw my defence out. Will it discredit my defence ? The papers they gave m today included all the photos again,forum post and was addressed to the court
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Sep 17, 8:59 PM
    • 6,353 Posts
    • 8,166 Thanks
    beamerguy
    They want to throw my defence out. Will it discredit my defence ? The papers they gave m today included all the photos again,forum post and was addressed to the court
    TPS are more stupid than we think if they think a judge
    will consider forum posts

A judge must make a decision on facts and if that's all the evidence
    TPS have ... chances they will lose.

Excel tried this on with lamilad (on here) AND LOST

TPS are treating the courts as idiots and especially the judge who
    will hear the case
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 16th Sep 17, 10:31 PM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Please link a redacted version of the application notice. Please clarify the basis on which they are seeking strike out.

On the flip side. If you defend this, insist on defendant's costs in any event NOT costs in the case. That ensures even if the case is lost they bear all the costs of the £255 application.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Sep 17, 12:53 AM
    • 51,584 Posts
    • 65,205 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just want to say ''hello TPS''.

We are watching the thread too you know. I'm not known to give in to threats and intimidation and I'm sure Johnersh won't, and nor will this OP.

• miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 17th Sep 17, 10:22 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    How do I reply to this? I am a bit confused again lol. I am currently filling in and sending out the N180 do I need to do anything else at the moment? Thanks
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 17th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Just want to say ''hello TPS''.
    Ah, Really?
    http://gph.is/22YF1gk
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 17th Sep 17, 10:51 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,267 Thanks
    Johnersh
    I am currently filling in and sending out the N180 do I need to do anything else at the moment? Thanks
    This cannot be properly answered without sight of the application notice. Has a hearing been requested for the application (this information and a time estimate appears on p1 of the application notice) or is the court asked to determine the issues on the papers without a hearing?

If the latter, you may wish to consider lodging an application in response to the application and/or to request a hearing of the claimant's application.
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 17th Sep 17, 11:54 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 2,345 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Please show us the application notice as requested above. Johnersh is legally qualified (make a note of that, TPS) so you definitely don't want to lose his interest in this case.

How do they suggest that your forum posts warrant throwing out your defence?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 17th Sep 17, 1:13 PM
    • 33,319 Posts
    • 17,241 Thanks
    Quentin
    How do I reply to this? I am a bit confused again lol. I am currently filling in and sending out the N180 do I need to do anything else at the moment? Thanks
    You don't help your cause by ignoring the requests you have had (4 in the last 24 hours!) to give us details of this correspondence you have had!
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 19th Sep 17, 6:48 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    Unfortunately I am currently away. I will post a pic when home. Coupon-mad I cannot find barge poles post about n180 I have had a look at the newbies thread
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Sep 17, 8:57 AM
    • 15,572 Posts
    • 24,322 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Unfortunately I am currently away. I will post a pic when home. Coupon-mad I cannot find barge poles post about n180 I have had a look at the newbies thread
    I think it might have been Emanresu's post.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71763411&postcount=68
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 17, 11:41 AM
    • 51,584 Posts
    • 65,205 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I was thinking of bargepole's post from the NEWBIES thread, which also covers N180:

IMPORTANT - KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO AND BY WHEN!

Here is a walk-through the process from defence onwards (i.e. AFTER acknowledgement of service) by Loadsofchildren123:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72244727#post72244727

Here's a summary from bargepole of what happens when, what you MUST do in time, re the paperwork & deadlines:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 19th Sep 17, 10:47 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    The letter I had only shows the Northampton court address. I will aso need to send one to tps? Where can I get the address for this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

373Posts Today

2,674Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin