Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 11th May 17, 11:56 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 1Thanks
    miladm1067
    Total parking solutions/ ie legal solicitors
    • 11th May 17, 11:56 PM
    Total parking solutions/ ie legal solicitors 11th May 17 at 11:56 PM
    Hello, I had received a parking ticket in February from TPS on my University campus. I have now received a letter from IE LEGAL SOLICITORS with a "formal demand" for "notice of impending legal actions" and to pay by 15th may. Do I pay the 110 pound fine or wait to go court or appeal to them? Can anyone please help me, I was not aware private parking tickets would end up being chased this much.
Page 7
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Aug 17, 3:04 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    0 court hearing this year... I feel like I will be the 1st lol. The only reason I am panicking is because my defence was rubbish
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Aug 17, 3:08 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    They could have just settled the debt before reaching court
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Aug 17, 3:11 PM
    • 32,781 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    Quentin
    Have another look at#52.!!

Does it sound familiar to your experiences??
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    • 32,781 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    Quentin
    They could have just settled the debt before reaching court
    Originally posted by miladm1067
    You not in court yet!
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Aug 17, 3:34 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    I was not talking about myself. Sorry if I did not make sense. They may have settled their debts with other claims thus not going to court in 2017
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Aug 17, 3:35 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    What is #52? Coupon-mad post?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Aug 17, 3:36 PM
    • 32,781 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    Quentin
    I was not talking about myself. Sorry if I did not make sense. They may have settled their debts with other claims thus not going to court in 2017
    Exactly. Which is why I suggested you read #52 again!!

So far they don't look to have paid for a hearing in your case have they??
    Last edited by Quentin; 13-08-2017 at 3:42 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Aug 17, 3:46 PM
    • 32,781 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    Quentin
    What is #52? Coupon-mad post?
    Every post is numbered. This one is #133

#1 is the first.
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Aug 17, 3:47 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    The most recent letter I got was Friday. This stated I have until August 25th to get back to them or a judgement will be filed against me. No mentions of a hearing
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Aug 17, 3:49 PM
    • 32,781 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    Quentin
    The letter was just a tactic. They are preying on the uninitiated!!

The claimant cannot "file a judgement"!
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 13th Aug 17, 4:17 PM
    • 417 Posts
    • 746 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Can you post a copy of their letter in full? I suspect this is all to panic you into paying.

They could apply to court for summary judgment if they think your case is no merits at all, but you'll still get a hearing and, as a practical matter, they won't because such an application will cost them £255.

You should remember that however bad your defence, most particulars of claim are abysmal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Aug 17, 5:26 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is it worth me trying to arrange payment with them? The letter they sent me absolutely ripped apart my pathetic defence.
    We've heard that before. This person said the same, they thought a daft, non-detailed robo-claim solicitor's letter had ripped their defence apart. How I laughed!:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72813382#post72813382

Then we showed them that the WS was a complete template pile of drivel and how to rebut it.

OMG, you are not even anywhere near a hearing and they've only sent a poxy template statement or letter they use every time, they have not ripped your case apart.

Are you THAT taken in by legalese on headed notepaper? Can you stop being so easily impressed please?! They've done this to intimidate you and panic you - boy it's working on you.

Please reinsert your backbone. In a court outcome posted here (and we've only seen ONE lost in the past year!) some one posted the other month that their (non-legally minded, ordinary person) wife attended on her own, won in 10 minutes flat and reported back to her OH ''it was Ace''!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-08-2017 at 5:31 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Aug 17, 5:27 PM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,420 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    1. Law (unless you are a lawyer) is dull. Thus TV makes it all a bit more exciting. Attending County Court actually involves:
    * finding a 60's concrete lump in your town centre,
    * spending 90 minutes waiting there,
    * before having a hearing that lasts between 10-30 mins

2. You will discover that:
    * judges in the county court are not expecting you to be tooled up with lawyers or fully familiar with the process,
    * A court room looks very much like an office meeting room or dining room (i.e. not much in it apart from a big table in the middle) and a judge at one end - suited (no wigs, gowns or other fancy dress),
    * you will almost certainly know the facts of your case better than the Claimant's representative (it's probably your only one, after all).
    * There is such a thing as a County Court Fees office. If it all goes belly up, you can actually pay before you leave the premises and keep that nice credit score that you worked so hard for.

3. And in the words of the British Army, I commend to you the 6 P's:
    Proper-Preparation-Prevents-P***-Poor-Performance
    Originally posted by Johnersh
    I like this summary!

They did not say exactly how much they will reduce it too. If I do lose in court will it be the exact amount they are saying? or will it be at a fairer rate?
    Even if you lose at the hearing you'd likely pay less than the amount they might 'offer' now! Keep the faith with us, not them.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-08-2017 at 5:32 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 11th Sep 17, 5:35 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    Received a notice of proposed allocation to small claims track asking me to fill in n180 and a separate letter stating they will use my posts on this Website as evidence
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 3,623 Posts
    • 1,839 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...a separate letter stating they will use my posts on this Website as evidence
    That's a risk you take when you ignore respected poster's advice.

You paid no attention to the suggestion given in post #22 and your County Court Claim Number has been visible to anyone since early July, and is still visible today.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    • 32,781 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    Quentin
    You also ignored #35.

Not just your case number on show

Your full id has been on show all this time!
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 11th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    ratechaser
    OP, pay attention. Somehow this thread has ballooned into 8 pages as a result of your totally unstructured approach to dealing with this situation.

You say you can't afford what they are demanding, well that requires some time, effort, reading and understanding on your part. It isn't exactly rocket science, and as you mentioned you are a student, I'm going to assume you have at least a reasonable level of intelligence.

Frankly the regulars and experts on this board have been hugely patient with you up till now, but if you can't even follow simple instructions like redacting personal/incriminating information that you have posted, then you are walking towards a big bill one way or another.

The information is all on this board. You have been given lots of free and expert advice in this thread. It's up to you if you actually follow it and give yourself a realistic chance of winning. No one will do it for you!
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 11th Sep 17, 10:14 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    Which post is this pls?? Also what is happening with my case I am a bit confused . Am I going to court ?
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Sep 17, 12:31 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    I have attempted to delete all personal details. Please advise if I have missed any thank you
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 13th Sep 17, 12:37 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    I will now fill in the N180 do I have to post this or is there an online version?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

829Posts Today

5,664Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin