Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 11th May 17, 11:56 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 1Thanks
    miladm1067
    Total parking solutions/ ie legal solicitors
    • 11th May 17, 11:56 PM
    Total parking solutions/ ie legal solicitors 11th May 17 at 11:56 PM
    Hello, I had received a parking ticket in February from TPS on my University campus. I have now received a letter from IE LEGAL SOLICITORS with a "formal demand" for "notice of impending legal actions" and to pay by 15th may. Do I pay the 110 pound fine or wait to go court or appeal to them? Can anyone please help me, I was not aware private parking tickets would end up being chased this much.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th May 17, 6:29 AM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,303 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th May 17, 6:29 AM
    • 12th May 17, 6:29 AM
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky which will give you the background to dealing with private parking charges. You're too late to do anything by way of appeal, so wait to see what their next move is.

TPS are not known for rushing to litigate - just a handful of cases in the past 2 years, whereas there are many operators suing people in their thousands.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203550952-Total-Parking-Solutions-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Total_Parking_Solutions.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th May 17, 10:47 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,575 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th May 17, 10:47 PM
    • 12th May 17, 10:47 PM
    Do I pay the 110 pound fine
    No, and it's not a fine.

IE LEGAL SOLICITORS
    They sound about as impressive as the useless 'BW Legal' who we help people beat in small claims every time!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 18th May 17, 3:32 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    • 18th May 17, 3:32 AM
    • 18th May 17, 3:32 AM
    Thank you for the replies. I have a few final demand letters from tps. Any suggestions on how to deal with these? I have had a read through the links.
    Last edited by miladm1067; 18-05-2017 at 3:37 AM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 18th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 6,673 Posts
    • 5,653 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 18th May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:35 AM
    Two solicitors, very small beer.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th May 17, 11:38 AM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,303 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th May 17, 11:38 AM
    • 18th May 17, 11:38 AM
    Thank you for the replies. I have a few final demand letters from tps. Any suggestions on how to deal with these? I have had a read through the links.
    Originally posted by miladm1067
    They've sent you more than one final demand? Doesn't that tell you anything?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 20th May 17, 3:02 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    • 20th May 17, 3:02 AM
    • 20th May 17, 3:02 AM
    Hello, my mistake forgot to mention I have 2! I have received two final demands to date
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th May 17, 1:35 PM
    • 48,133 Posts
    • 61,575 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th May 17, 1:35 PM
    • 20th May 17, 1:35 PM
    Respond like on other LBC threads. You won't find that solicitor but look for Gladstones LBC threads.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 19th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    LATEST LETTER FROM I E LEGAL

"pre court notice"

"we notice you have ignored our previous correspondence.. our client has now advised they will consider court action... if payment not made client may issue ccj claim against you "

Shall I pay? I am a student and will find it very difficult to pay the 200pound
    Last edited by miladm1067; 21-06-2017 at 4:45 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 19th Jun 17, 10:31 PM
    • 5,512 Posts
    • 7,091 Thanks
    beamerguy
    LATEST LETTER FROM I E LEGAL

"pre court notice"

"we notice you have ignored our previous correspondence.. our client has now advised they will consider court action... if payment not made client may issue ccj"

Shall I pay? I am a student and will find it very difficult to pay the 200pound
    Did I E LEGAL really say "client may issue a CCJ" ????

If so, they are talking rubbish as this only happens if you lost in court and did not pay. Their client is not empowered to do so ... only a real judge can inact a CCJ

So, If this is true, they are misleading you and should be reported to the SRA

They act as debt collectors as well offering a no win no fee
    service so prime legals for the parking cowboys to use
    http://www.ielegal.co.uk/debt-claims

I do hope that I E Legal do not attempt to blacken their reputation by going to bed with the Parking scammers just as Gladstones,
    BWLegal and Wright Hassall have done

Will I E Legal RISK being whooped in court just like the above have experienced
    Last edited by beamerguy; 19-06-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jun 17, 11:04 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,303 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    if payment not made client may issue ccj"
    Did they actually use those words - verbatim (you're a student, so you must know exactly what that means), especially the word 'issue?

• miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 21st Jun 17, 4:43 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    I know the client cannot issue a ccj. "Client will issue a country court CLAIM against you" sorry for the inconvenience. Any advice on what to do?
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 21st Jun 17, 11:21 AM
    • 7,235 Posts
    • 7,269 Thanks
    pogofish
    I'm aware that TPS have got the boot from at least one Uni recently - maybe this is how they are going about maximising the take from their remaining victims?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jun 17, 12:10 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,303 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I know the client cannot issue a ccj. "Client will issue a country court CLAIM against you" sorry for the inconvenience. Any advice on what to do?
    You have to wait and see if their 'threat' of court action will be followed through. My guess is that it won't, although they may keep making veiled threats about it.

You make your mind up if you think that from all the tickets they issue year-on-year, they are going to single you out to be their 6th case ever for pursuit via the small claims court. Here's their record for the past 2.5 years.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Total_Parking_Solutions.html

• miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 5th Jul 17, 4:26 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    LATEST LETTER:
    CLAIM FORM in the county court business centre. They are asking for 912 pound from a 30 pound parking ticket. They have enclosed an "admission" and "defence" section. How serious is this and How likely is it that They will charge me 912 pound which I do not have. Is there any good defence I can write back? PLS HELP there is a deadline on this I think. Thanks in advance
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 5th Jul 17, 7:14 AM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 2,532 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    They are asking for 912 pound from a 30 pound parking ticket.
    That's going to be a laugh. Could you take personal details off and post up a pic.

Don't forget to Acknowledge the claim first.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • miladm1067
    • By miladm1067 5th Jul 17, 12:41 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    miladm1067
    How do I acknowledge the claim?

It does not allow me to attach a photo
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,303 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    How do I acknowledge the claim?
    On line via MCOL. The details on the 'how' will be included in the papers you have received - surely?

It does not allow me to attach a photo
    To upload a photo/scan link, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (like Dropbox, Photobucket or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload links to photos/scans until they've got a few posts under their belt.

• White4891
    • By White4891 5th Jul 17, 9:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    White4891
    We have also just revived o d of these letters and not sure what to do.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Jul 17, 9:30 PM
    • 39,671 Posts
    • 79,378 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    We have also just revived o d of these letters and not sure what to do.
    Originally posted by White4891
    Start by reading the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread if you need further help.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,070Posts Today

7,000Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin