Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bdunta123
    • By bdunta123 11th May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bdunta123
    UKPC PCN - Advice on how to proceed
    • 11th May 17, 12:13 PM
    UKPC PCN - Advice on how to proceed 11th May 17 at 12:13 PM
    I have read through the newbie thread and read through others. Its a little beyond me and wanted further guidance if at all possible? Never been good at understanding legal stuff. It is a very informative thread and think I understand but just want to clarify.

A friend's car was parked in a busy cinema carpark on an evening. It took them 30 minutes to get into the carpark and parked. Once in the carpark it was impossible to turn around and park somewhere else due to how many cars there were and being stuck in the non moving traffic. A car pulled out of an end space, and their car took that space. At the point the driver and friend were already 15 minutes late for the movie. The driver does not have the ticket for this movie as they go to this cinema regularly once a week or so but can show proof of purchase if necessary..

On return to the car two hours later (there is no payment needed in this carpark it is unlimited and free), the driver found a PCN on their windscreen from UKPC stating that the car was 'parked in a roadway'. It would appear that the car was not in an allocated space with white parking lines at the corners. However, at the point of parking this was not clear to my friend as the car park was so full, the roadway had queuing cars and other cars had also done the exact same in the rows in front and behind, a car had just pulled out of this same space, so looked very clearly like an empty parking space to be used. There was ample room for the queueing cars to move in the 'one way' road way around the parked cars.

At first the driver decided to ignore the PCN, due to some googling about private parking companies but also upon guidance from a friend who had been in a similar situation and heard nothing. The friend has now received a final reminder letter. The driver has been on holiday for two weeks and then signed off work due to sickness for two weeks and not opened their mail box and has only just found out about these reminder letters.

The date in which it happened was the 3/3/2017 (10 weeks ago), the final reminder was on the 20/4 (3 weeks ago). It is now requesting £100 instead of £60 and states that the next stage will be debt recovery.

The original PCN yellow sticky note cannot be found. The photo identified on the final reminder letter does not show where car was parked, just the windshield.Should the driver go on the website and look a the other photos that they have, or would this be a silly thing to do in case they request information from the driver beforehand?

This is what I know about UKPC from their website: At UK Parking Control (UKPC) we adhere to the highest industry standards and are approved by the British Parking Association and fully compliant to the BPA Approved Operator Scheme (AOS) and the DVLA.

On the Newbies thread it states: In the case of CURRENT BRITISH PARKING ASSOCIATION (BPA) AOS MEMBERS ONLY, appeal online or by email at around day 26 after a windscreen PCN but as the KEEPER, not driver, using the BPA member version (blue writing) template below.

Any advice that can be given would be amazing.

Many thanks
    Last edited by bdunta123; 13-05-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 11:52 PM
    • 50,660 Posts
    • 64,056 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    There is no balance or debt. Ignore DRPlus, they can't litigate.

If UKPC try a small claim they will likely use SCS Law who would have to send a Letter before Claim first. And we win pretty much all cases, no CCJ, no effect on credit rating (even if you lost, no CCJ if a person then pays what the Judge says, typically £150 ish). So, no point paying anything until the fat Judge sings!

I am currently applying for a mortgage and due to exchange shortly...I know it is probably just a threat on the letter but I don't want this to cause any trouble.
    Same as everyone here.

Is the best thing to simply still just wait it out?
    Yes, come back at LBC or claim stage and read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread. We wouldn't tell you to do anything we wouldn't do.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-06-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin