Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wjlm202
    • By wjlm202 11th May 17, 11:33 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wjlm202
    Vodafone Defaulted Payment
    • 11th May 17, 11:33 AM
    Vodafone Defaulted Payment 11th May 17 at 11:33 AM
    Hi,
    I am trying to get a mortgage and despite having a perfect credit score the application was rejected by Barclays. There is a defaulted payment of £16 from Vodafone last year on a contract I had with them. I have contacted Vodafone who said they sold the debt, so I got in touch with the collections agency who say they have no record of the debt. They sent me back to Vodafone (I went in store), who claimed the account is not in arrears and there is no debt. I asked them to write that down, attach a screen shot of the account details, sign, date and provide a contact number in case Barclays need to get in touch. They had no headed paper and were very taken aback that I needed something in writing. Barclays are not accepting this.

What do I do?! I've been sent round the houses and Barclays are still rejecting the application over a pathetic £16.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will
Page 1
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 11th May 17, 11:59 AM
    • 690 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 11th May 17, 11:59 AM
    • 11th May 17, 11:59 AM
    Have you tried contacting the credit reference agencies regarding the debt?

They can contact Vodafone on your behalf (don't hold your breath though - it won't be quick)

Your CRA file will typically have contact details for each credit account and I suspect you may need to go back to the internal Vodafone collections agency as its highly doubtful that a retail store will be of any use.

Not sure if Barclays use all three CRA's for mortgages (This page doesn't indicate either way) so you can try contacting all of them to see who can sort this quickest for you.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by Westminster; 11-05-2017 at 12:02 PM.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Westminster
    • By Westminster 11th May 17, 12:27 PM
    • 690 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    Westminster
    • 11th May 17, 12:27 PM
    • 11th May 17, 12:27 PM
    If you are going to try another mortgage provider, then you should engage an independent mortgage broker (if you haven't already) as a scatter-gun approach to applying to mortgages till you luck-out and find one that will take you with the vodafone default in place could end up being substantially more damaging.

Get copies of all three of your credit files and hand them to your broker.
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the following boards: Mortgages & Endowments, Mortgage-Free Wannabe, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Small Biz & Charities' MoneySaving and Charities.

I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts on there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Vodafone
    • 11th May 17, 3:21 PM
    • 11th May 17, 3:21 PM
    Hi Will,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

So I can access the account in question, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th May 17, 3:33 PM
    • 29,359 Posts
    • 18,567 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 11th May 17, 3:33 PM
    • 11th May 17, 3:33 PM
    Who gives you this perfect credit score, maybe you should ask them to provide the mortgage. Its not your score that's important but your history
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Laura Cooper
    • By Laura Cooper 16th May 17, 1:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Laura Cooper
    • 16th May 17, 1:52 PM
    Vodafone Defaulted Payment
    • 16th May 17, 1:52 PM
    After reading the forums about how Vodafone are ignoring complaints i cant believe how many people are in the same situation as me. I recently found out i have a defaulted payment on my credit report from vodafone saying i have not being paying a fee of £23 for 2 years, when i cancelled my contract with them 2 years ago and they are claiming this is a termination fee. I have phoned countless times, spoke to someone on online chat who confirms in writing the charge should not be there, i have went into various branches and they have also said they cant see why that charge is there as my account is closed, i have completed online complaints as well as writing a letter to customer relations manager, which has been completely ignored. I now have a mortgage but i had been rejected by 2 lenders because of this being on my credit report. I need it rectified ASAP as i any future credit is being rejected because of this. Im reading that Lee from Vodafone COMMS team has been helping people in similar situations to me, I have tried everything else and dont know what else to do so have resulted to writing in this forum as my last hope! Lee can you please get in touch with me.
  • Vodafone
    • 17th May 17, 11:08 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:08 AM
    Hi Laura Cooper,

I've just replied to you here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • dumpyboy
    • By dumpyboy 17th May 17, 8:53 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    dumpyboy
    • 17th May 17, 8:53 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:53 PM
    Until an expamble is made of a company like voda phone or mbna or any credit reporting company by a massive fine or the unthinkable closeting one down they will do just as they like because they know there is no ax tigon is ever taken on them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,757Posts Today

9,210Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin