Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Did you win a copy of the book 'One Pound Meals' in the Giveaway Competion?

Yes - It was signed by the author (not a printed signature)

0% • 0 votes

Yes - It wasn't signed by the author (not a printed signature)

100.00% • 8 votes

You may not vote on this poll

8 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 11th May 17, 6:22 AM
    • 839Posts
    • 1,170Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Did you win a copy of 'One Pound Meals' in the MSE Giveaway Competition?
    • 11th May 17, 6:22 AM
    Did you win a copy of 'One Pound Meals' in the MSE Giveaway Competition? 11th May 17 at 6:22 AM
    Are you disappointed when the prize you win, isn't the prize (exactly) described for the competition you have entered?

For example, I won a "signed" copy of the "One Pound Meals" book, which sadly, wasn't a signed copy.

Or maybe they meant the standard printed signature which was on every copy?

There is no explanation or apology as to why the book hasn't been signed. Maybe i should ring customer services and explain i was expecting a signed copy?

Instagram chef Miguel Barclay has offered us 50 signed copies of his book "One Pound Meals" to give away! The RRP for One Pound Meals is 14.99 but it's available for 4.99 on Amazon.

The FIRST 50 people to get back to us will win a signed copy of the book.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5619498&highlight=one+pound+books +giveaway

I'm disappointed i didn't win a "signed" copy, but should i be thankful for just winning an unsigned book?

Not being an experienced comper, I've no idea how often prizes don't live up to expectations, but to me, it was an attractive feature of the competition, in the first place.

I do apologise for not being able to edit the poll title, which should read Competition.
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 19-05-2017 at 1:34 PM.
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
Page 2
    • Frankie56
    • By Frankie56 19th May 17, 7:59 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Frankie56
    I noticed this post the other day but didn't reply as it doesn't bother me whether my copy was signed or not. I've just logged in and found I've got a private message from Lisa Kent to let me know I might be interested in this post. I'm not. It's a very good book with some lovely recipes and I'm very happy with it. I didn't enter the competition to win a signature but to win a cookery book.
    • mrandmrskbm
    • By mrandmrskbm 19th May 17, 8:08 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    mrandmrskbm
    Agree with Frankie56 above.

Although if you are really bothered you can contact the ASA
    https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/promotional-marketing-competitions.html
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 19th May 17, 8:21 PM
    • 839 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    I can't honestly say that I'd noticed my book wasn't signed and it doesn't really bother me. But, if you're promised something and it isn't as described, even if it is free, I think you have the right to complain or at least make the person / organisation aware of the mistake.

Hope you're reading this MSE!
    Originally posted by stuartwilson23

If your book was a signed copy, it's likely it was signed on the second page, (the white page after the green page,) below 'One Pound Meals'.

Agree with Frankie56 above.

Although if you are really bothered you can contact the ASA
    https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/promotional-marketing-competitions.html
    Originally posted by mrandmrskbm
    Yes, I know, thanks very much.

Although some people may think my poll is a waste of time / amusing, it's serving a very useful purpose and many thanks to the people who have already voted.
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 19-05-2017 at 8:37 PM. Reason: added comment

Carpe diem
    • Sallyforth
    • By Sallyforth 19th May 17, 8:24 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    Sallyforth
    Oh dear - am I really sad just being happy I won the book? Must admit I entered for the recipes not a signature. Dare I mention I hadn't even noticed the "signed" bit - oops!
    • mrandmrskbm
    • By mrandmrskbm 19th May 17, 8:31 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    mrandmrskbm
    I wasn't personally bothered but surprised at how cruel some people are making fun of the original poster from behind their screens.

If somebody was promised one thing and received another, they have a right to persue. That's what the ASA are for. Someone could be a big fan wanting a signature etc. Imagine if it was a child receiving a football from their favourite player etc.

If you have no interest, why carry on following the thread and making jibes.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 20th May 17, 6:39 AM
    • 839 Posts
    • 1,170 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    I wasn't personally bothered but surprised at how cruel some people are making fun of the original poster from behind their screens.

If somebody was promised one thing and received another, they have a right to persue. That's what the ASA are for. Someone could be a big fan wanting a signature etc. Imagine if it was a child receiving a football from their favourite player etc.

If you have no interest, why carry on following the thread and making jibes.
    Originally posted by mrandmrskbm
    Thanks for your post.

I note posts has now been removed, either by a BG or the people who made the post? No matter.

What is even more surprising is the amount of 'thanks' these type of posts receive?

There was a debate on the site feedback forum recently (i won't post the link,) asking if the thanks button should be removed.

Many thanks to the people who have voted in my poll so far, and for the helpful replies and support.

f&w

Carpe diem
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,549Posts Today

8,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin