Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moogles444
    • By Moogles444 10th May 17, 5:44 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Moogles444
    Finding marriage date of wedding in Thailand
    • 10th May 17, 5:44 PM
    Finding marriage date of wedding in Thailand 10th May 17 at 5:44 PM
    Does anyone know how I can find out how to find the date ( certificate would be great ) of a wedding that happened in Thailand to a Thai lady and a British man? They are living here now although the man has now died. It's really important and I don't know the district and only the year in which they got married. Is there any way of finding it out here as they have been living here a while so wonder if I can find it out here as contacting Thailand has not been very successful in our search?
Page 4
    • Moogles444
    • By Moogles444 18th May 17, 6:18 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Moogles444
    I found out. I have the date so they are legally married , all it shows is that she got pregnant to ensure he had to marry her , which I knew anyway .
    Apparently the private investigator said that is what they often do there to make sure they will get married.
    I'll update with how the whole thing went in a long while when it's finished as it may help someone else one day.
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 18th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 22,496 Posts
    • 56,057 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    that she got pregnant to ensure he had to marry her
    Originally posted by Moogles444
    It takes two to make a baby. Your dad was just as involved.
    Going to become Mrs Marleyboy for real

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 18th May 17, 7:50 PM
    • 3,089 Posts
    • 8,570 Thanks
    LilElvis
    I found out. I have the date so they are legally married , all it shows is that she got pregnant to ensure he had to marry her , which I knew anyway .
    Apparently the private investigator said that is what they often do there to make sure they will get married.
    I'll update with how the whole thing went in a long while when it's finished as it may help someone else one day.
    Originally posted by Moogles444
    That's just what you surmise because it fits with your view of the woman. Your father didn't have to marry her but he did choose to, and it's also possible that the baby was planned. My 6 year old has a boy in her class who has an older father and a, far younger, Thai mother and you only have to see the family together (they have a younger child too) to see the love between them. Perhaps your father enjoyed the same loving relationship with his wife and child - I hope he did. In any case your father made choices which are going to be tough to resolve, both for you and his wife. You both have a moral claim on his estate and I can only hope that you both reach an equitable resolution.
    • Moogles444
    • By Moogles444 19th May 17, 7:28 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Moogles444
    That's just what you surmise because it fits with your view of the woman. Your father didn't have to marry her but he did choose to, and it's also possible that the baby was planned. My 6 year old has a boy in her class who has an older father and a, far younger, Thai mother and you only have to see the family together (they have a younger child too) to see the love between them. Perhaps your father enjoyed the same loving relationship with his wife and child - I hope he did. In any case your father made choices which are going to be tough to resolve, both for you and his wife. You both have a moral claim on his estate and I can only hope that you both reach an equitable resolution.
    Originally posted by LilElvis
    Yeah I agree it does take two to make a baby but it def wasn't planned by him. Before he went he said he definitely wouldn't have another baby ( again much more to this story that I haven't added as to why he actually said that). But yeah he was half responsible despite being well over 70 . Just I've heard it before and Thai private investigator also said it is a popular way some of the women there get to ensure a marriage. There is so much more to this case that shows this to be the case too.
    It's nice that that couple you know are happy. But no it wasn't a very loving marriage sadly from what I saw and others saw and heard and I do feel sorry for the child .
    Last edited by Moogles444; 19-05-2017 at 7:51 AM.
    • ruperts
    • By ruperts 19th May 17, 11:56 PM
    • 601 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    ruperts
    Glad the private investigator did the job and I hope your situation reaches a fair conclusion for all concerned.

Must admit though based purely on what you've said in here I can't really see what the woman has done wrong. She was your father's wife and the mother of his child, I'm sure most people in that situation would expect to be the primary beneficiary of a will. Your father chose to have a child with her, chose to marry her and chose to give her the house in his will. You might not understand or agree with his choices, and it might be difficult for you to come to terms with the idea that what your father had said to you in the past wasn't backed up by his actions, but ultimately he made those choices of his own free will, while being fully aware of the consequences. He must have had his reasons - perhaps they should be respected. Again, just my 2c.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,749Posts Today

6,117Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin