Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 10th May 17, 3:20 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    unknown_user
    MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle
    • 10th May 17, 3:20 PM
    MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle 10th May 17 at 3:20 PM
    Hi

On the 25th April I parked in what I thought was a free after 6 car park run by the city council, parked about 7:20 went to the cinema came back and drove home, a few weeks passed and then when i parked at a park & ride to commute to work, I paid for a ticket. Later I noticed a dodgy looking ticket on the window, it said time of contravention 20:34, i didnt even look at the date, I paid for parking until 5pm and my car was not parked in the park & ride at 20:34 so didnt take any notice of it. A week later I got a letter (NTK) in the post from VCS advising of a charge of £100 for an unpaid parking ticket or £60 if I pay within 14 days.
    I checked the date and location and the penny dropped.

So I am now asking what would others do in this situation, ignore the letter or respond?

I understand this car park is now a private one ex council run and the fee is an invoice not a fine.
    I've read the newbie first and VCS appear to be a member of IPC. I have seen the template and thinking of writting back to them.

Frstly I need to go back to the scene of the crime and take a look at the parking signs, and take some photos etc.

Any help would be much appreicated.
    Last edited by unknown_user; 10-05-2017 at 3:32 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jul 17, 7:59 PM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Do they start claims then discontinue them at Newcastle, IamEmanresu? Or duck claims altogether?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 21st Jul 17, 8:31 PM
    • 1,485 Posts
    • 2,770 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    They can't be bothered despite the fact it is an extremely busy site especially on match days. Think Amex right beside Churchill Sq.

One OP's comment

"the case was never allocated a date and was struck out by the judge ..., the WS they sent me was posted after the deadline .... the photocopies of supporting evidence was indecipherable."

And that's BW on one of their better days.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 23rd Aug 17, 5:36 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    Lucky me I got a new letter in the post saying final settlement offer got £24 discount if I pay now. If I don't pay then it's a court action. Has anyone actually been through this process and been summoned to court?
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 24th Aug 17, 2:43 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Not summonsed. Wrong term

Vcs do take people to court. £24 is laughably low - they're not that confident, cksarly!
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 8th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    The discounts just keep coming. Now received a letter from Zenith collections the debt has been passed over to them..They want £79.99 for the charge to go away how nice of them.If no payment is made in 14 days it will revert to 160.
    If not a legal conclusion if necessary.

Who are Zenith and are they serious?
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 8th Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 1,516 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    Zenith are just DRP in disguise. Not serious at all.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Sep 17, 1:24 AM
    • 50,114 Posts
    • 63,496 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The discounts just keep coming. Now received a letter from Zenith collections the debt has been passed over to them..They want £79.99 for the charge to go away how nice of them.If no payment is made in 14 days it will revert to 160.
    If not a legal conclusion if necessary.

Who are Zenith and are they serious?
    Originally posted by unknown_user
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3829727

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

286Posts Today

3,566Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin